Halloween Forum banner

41 - 60 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
skelly 1.jpg

Decided to have some fun out on the front porch with skeletons and a spider. Inside the garage, I have only the one side of a tunnel up and will finish it today....maybe...lol. The one thing I like is that once the holes are cut, they're cut for future use also.

skelly 2.jpg

Also, even the deer and raccoon are curious about the displays being set up. I wonder if they want to dress up like zombies and make an appearance tomorrow night.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Living in So Cal been seeing this stuff for years at Knotts Scary Farm and I've been using it for the last 6 and a great thing about it is you can reuse it over and over if you're careful when you pull it down! Heck even if you're not it's pretty resilient stuff!

I actually like the poly/cotton blend better than just the poly one as it seems a bit heavier and also seems to stretch better and bigger, in my experience using both. Neither really reacts to black light so that wasn't a feature that made one better than the other.

I also feel you can't cut to many holes in it. I used to not cut as many but as time goes on and I cut more and more, the better I think it looks. I will say, in my case, I find it very time consuming as far as installing it goes, but that might just be me!:D

Oh yeah, 5 lbs goes a lot farther than it sounds like it would but you do save A LOT in shipping if you buy more at one time, though as stated it's pretty steep no matter what!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I know this is an older thread but hopefully someone can help. I'm using beef netting to make outdoor webbing for my gigantic spider. I need the webbing to be around 8ft tall. This stuff is absolutely unpredictable, which is making this difficult. I'm running it from a large tree to a smaller tree but I need to be able to have all sides pulled tight up to about 8ft tall. Any suggestions on how to accomplish this? We've considered running it one panel at a time starting the top part then using zip ties to attach the other panels. I expected the panels, as long as cut long, to be larger than they seem to be. Thanks for any help

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Pics of your set-up would help out. You are spot on about being unpredictable. I think you will have to layer it. The layers that are basically just side to side will only look so-so without webbing being added from front to back. I would suggest doing two or three layers side to side with different high and low points and then supplement it with a couple of pieces from front to back. Your mileage may very.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
webs_example.jpg

Apologies for the foggy image but it is foggy and raining out and I had to use falsh.

ANYWAY!

What I have here are 4 webs overlapping zip tied to the down spouts and with U staples into the ground.

webs_examplex.jpg

Not exact but you get the idea. This is how I get larger areas.

Now if it would just stop raining so i could finish that area!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for the replies! I need to go between these 2 trees about 8ft tall. *The small, sad womping Willow will have most of it's sad, non womping branches trimmed .* Is my best bet to go horizontal, starting as high up as I want, attach to the tree and go from there? Or, go verticle panel by panel? Make sense?

Attachments

·
Registered
226 Posts
Wow this stuff looks awesome. Does it show well with black light or is there something is can be rinsed or sprayed with to make it glow more, isn't there a woolite trick?

·
Registered
289 Posts
How do you know what size to cut it ? Do you measure your area first ? Or is it a guesstimate ?

Also the pics/displays is pretty amazing. That netting looks so realistic and scary LOL

·
Registered
226 Posts
Well I placed my order for the Poly 5 pound roll. We will see how this goes. I am hoping they ship pretty fast. I would like to play around with it a little bit before I try to use it in the bigger areas outside. I will ley y'all know how it goes

41 - 60 of 86 Posts