Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a vendor at Blobfest held in Phoenixville, PA, where much of the movie "The Blob" was filmed. One of the things I sell is "Blob Soap" , 4 oz. bars of soap that I sculpted and pour as a red transparent glycerine soap, complete with one of the victim's skulls inside. A couple of weeks before Svengoolie showed "The Blob" I sent him one of the soaps. Two Saturday ago, during William Castle's "The Night Walker" Sven gave me a shout out! He mentioned Blobfest and how my wife and I sell the soap that I designed and cast. There was a full screen image of the soap I sent, and he showed my banner while quoting the tagline "You, too, can be Steve McQueen clean!". I even got a one-liner from Kerwyn: "I bet Chris really cleans up when he sells these at Blobfest!"
I have no idea if this will effect sales at Blobfest, but in any event it was really cool!

Registered
Most excellent. Here's to hoping it translates to more business.

Registered
I'm a vendor at Blobfest held in Phoenixville, PA, where much of the movie "The Blob" was filmed. One of the things I sell is "Blob Soap" , 4 oz. bars of soap that I sculpted and pour as a red transparent glycerine soap, complete with one of the victim's skulls inside. A couple of weeks before Svengoolie showed "The Blob" I sent him one of the soaps. Two Saturday ago, during William Castle's "The Night Walker" Sven gave me a shout out! He mentioned Blobfest and how my wife and I sell the soap that I designed and cast. There was a full screen image of the soap I sent, and he showed my banner while quoting the tagline "You, too, can be Steve McQueen clean!". I even got a one-liner from Kerwyn: "I bet Chris really cleans up when he sells these at Blobfest!"
I have no idea if this will effect sales at Blobfest, but in any event it was really cool!
Awesome! I think I actually saw that when they had "The Blob" on. It's one of the better movies they show on Svengoolie. Good luck at Blobfest!

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
We'll see if the shout out has any effects on soap sales - BLOBFEST is this week-end!
If you're coming to BLOBFEST please stop by and say hi - and mention HalloweenForum.

Registered
I don't watch Svengoolie but I thought the new coffin is exceptionally cool!....I saw a construction build on the new coffin quite awhile back and that's how I first heard of him....This isn't the one I saw initially but I just read through this one doing a quick search and it's just as good as the one I saw first.....Seeing this build is what inspired me to want to try fiberglass add ons to make more detail in my props....ZR
https://terrordaves.com/2013/09/10/digging-into-the-dynamics-of-svengoolies-new-coffin/

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
Jumpin' Jehosafat! All I can say is it's a good thing it's in the fridge...good luck if the compressor conks out and it thaws... :D And i guess it does kind of look like the goo from Ghostbusters 2!

His name is Roger Clyne
So where does one buy one of these soaps if they didn't make it to Blobfest?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts