Halloween Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am reading some Amazon reviews that say projectors should only be used for 3-4 hours then turned off for a while to cool. I have two new LED projectors (about 100 lumens) and I did notice that my AC adapters get really warm only after about 30 minutes of use. Does anyone give their projectors a break after so many hours?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I work for a school district and have seen projectors on for crazy amounts of time. 3-4 hours is nothing especially it being an LED projector which run cooler. The worst thing you can do is starve it of cooler air to circulate and if it were an old fashioned projector with a bulb pulling the power with out it properly cooling off could seriously damage the projector. I run my projector from 7pm to 12am with no issues.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I think you can run LED projectors for quite a while. I run my pico projectors of 100
Lumens for around 8+ hours right now.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Run my 2200 lumen Sanyo from 7-11pm as many nights as I can and don't worry about it. I'll just get another for $50 off craigslist if this one takes a dump!
Thanks for the help. Which model Sanyo do you use? I want to get another projector with higher lumens.

·
Oak Lane Cemetery
2,105 Posts
Thanks for the help. Which model Sanyo do you use? I want to get another projector with higher lumens.
Sanyo PLC-XW200. Found a source on craigslist that resells projectors he buys in lots when schools and other institutions upgrade. Originally sold for $800. I paid $50. :D Can't beat the craigslist and ebay deals!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Sanyo PLC-XW200. Found a source on craigslist that resells projectors he buys in lots when schools and other institutions upgrade. Originally sold for $800. I paid $50. :D Can't beat the craigslist and ebay deals!
Just make sure you look up how to reset the lamp life and filter times. Usually those timers will cause the projector to fail prematurely. You can significantly increase the life of your second hand projectors. If you ever replace a bulb make sure you clear those timers. Without resetting the projector timers it doesn't see that it's a new lamp installed.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts