Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Should I continue with this? Update with segment Page 3

Lately I have been messing around with a program called Moviestorm, and I came up with this using their Halloween props....

YouTube - Halloween Show? Untitled.

Now, what I was thinking is having a show, using the skeleton as a sarcastic, or "funny" host, showcasing Halloween haunts, decor, how-to's, and props from people who submit them. This is just a rough draft sort of. I would probably throw in some more theming around. Not sure if this is a stupid idea, but just wanted to throw it out there to my fellow haunters. If I go through with this, I will need help naming the skeleton, and the show. So watcha think, ya, or nay.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you Front Yard. Thedre are still some little things that could be touched on. I am not sure why the video is not showing for you Warrent.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Like it!
I think it would make a great evite, not like those crappy ones you get on websites. The music was good too. Hope you do make a movie, I'd love to see it.

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
I like the idea and the video, both of which remind me of Tales from the Crypt. If you have the time and patience, I'd say to follow through.

As for the skeleton's name, maybe Grave Dave, Rotted Ronnie, Decomposing Dan, or something along those lines. Just some suggestions:cool:

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
All I can see is a blank square where the video should be...:(:confused:

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
Ok...I got it now. Thanks HH. Dont know why I didn't think of trying that...

That looks real good, Spirit. Like Garthgoyle, I found it rather reminded me of "Tales from the Crypt" or "Creepshow".

The Idea is good..I say go with it.
As for the Skelly's name..Rotten Ron, Bobby bones or K. Davver come to mind.
You could call it "K. Davver's Haunt show" or something along those lines

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks everybody for the kind words.

I have 1 1/2 - 2 minutes of animation done for the first act, the introduction of the first video, and I am working on the voice over, trying to get it just right, but I seem to be having a hard time doing that. Its coming across sounding just like a voice thrown over the video. Maybe once I lip-sync the skeleton up to my voice, it will come across better. I am planning to have atleast 5-7 minutes of a rough cut done in a couple days, just to show everybody basically how it would go. Plus, I only have one clip that I have to add to the show.

Oh, and Baron, K. Davver sounds perfect.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Im download that software right now...thanks for the heads up! Curious to see what it can/cant do, maybe something like Hallowindow? Is the Halloween props pack free?

·
Scared Silly
1,930 Posts
I like it. The animation of the skeleton is quite well done!
And I think the show concept is good too...go for it!

My suggestions:
-Don't make the intro too long; online audiences have frighteningly short attention spans (the length right now, with a ten to twenty second speech is fine).
-Some of the camera movement seems a little sharp. Perhaps you can use an "ease" or "easy ease" keyframe too smooth it out (I don't know this program you're using, but most have a similar feature).
-Some smaller light sources on some of the "props" would help them pop out a little better. Think about how you light your haunt.

Other than that, way to go!

·
Registered
576 Posts
Finally got to watch it, awesome job! That is one of my favorite Halloween songs, too.

I think that would be a great for the skeleton to be the host of the show, sort of like a Tales From The Crypt thing with the Crypt Keeper. Just be sure not to take too much inspiration from that show least they come haunt you at night!

How about also having the skeleton do actual how-to's on how to make props and such?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts