Halloween Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
The Haunting Girl
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to start with the fact I normally hate airblown stuff. I think they are way too cute or plain most of the time and way over priced.
However my current situation has me looking for something big that can be collapsed into a tiny box and unfortunately airblown inflatables fit the bill. So Spirit is offering 30% off this weekend and $4.99 shipping on orders over $65 and I'm looking at this one.

http://www.spirithalloween.com/product/Ss-Ghost-Archway-Inflatable/
Thankfully it looks like they won't charge me extra shipping, but I'm still on the fence about it. It would be eye catching, but I feel like I'm selling out a little. I just don't have the space to build and store an actual set of pillars. There are no trees or anything on my lawn and it feels really flat.
Still, I actually like it, because for once they aren't trying to be cute.
So yea or nay?

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
I too am not an airblown fan per se but a few years ago found one I decided I liked enough and like you the price was attractive for the punch they provide to a setting. What did me in was the 6-foot or seems like 9-foot black cat face that chomps. GrandinRoad had it on clearance super cheap. I say go for it. The spirits on the column are scary looking and it's not cutsie at all. I will say once you have one you may find other airblowns in the future that worm their way into your haunt. That would be my only cavaet to buying it. The little kids will love seeing it and your house will get noticed.

Have to say still feel funny about caving in and buying any (have a spider as well for my porch top) but if you set up like I do on halloween day and its a rainy halloween or you have a cold and can't get out to decorate much, these are nice to have available. Love the little space they take up in storage.

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
The question is, do you actually like it? Does it make you smile or will you cringe every time you see it in your yard? If you like it then go for it - never worry about "selling out". It's your yard, do what makes you happy! ;)

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
I have quite a few airblowns but I don't mix them in with the scary stuff.....I also don't think airblowns are "selling out"....I'd much rather see a house decorated with 2 or 3 of these and a few strands of lights than a house sitting in the dark with nothing.....I don't have that exact airblown but I have one like it that I put up in front of the party tent as an entrance....It works well up against an entranceway for extra support but I think standing on it's own, it doesn't have enough support....Especially in the wind....The top tends to sway since there isn't a lot of support in the pillars....If you have a perfect night with little to no wind then it should work fine on it's own.....ZR

·
Registered
874 Posts
we do all airblowns out side. they are super easy to set up and even easier to store away! IMG_0474_small.jpg ours are not cutesy. and we did get that giant cat head!!!! and i have the 20ft cat

·
The Sea Witch
2,447 Posts
if you like it, and it works for your needs, get it!

The kids (especially little ones!) LOVE inflatables. I used to have a cheapy pumpkin/ JOL one that i would set out but it died and i didn't have any inflatables last year. The kids were really disappointed (which actually surprised me, because it was nothing special) so this year I got another cheapy one from walmart - a little ghost with a witch hat or something.

·
The Haunting Girl
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone! With the discount and shipping it's still about $100, so I'm still debating if I should spend the money. The fact I keep coming back to the damn thing means I probably should buy it.
ZR thanks for the warning about it having problems in the wind. I'll have to figure out how to secure it so I won't have it fall all over the place since we do get some wind here.

·
Warlock
1,369 Posts
Kuroneko--some of the inflatables come with stakes and cords to secure them in the wind. The stakes are usually too thin/small to do much so I'd suggest replacing them. if you like this, then get it. I have to admit I am not a fan of inflatables for all the reasons you don't like them, but this one is kind of cool.

·
Halloween Elitist
2,887 Posts
Looks nice and dandy under perfect conditions but add inclement weather and its a flop, keep your money( that's my view on inflatables)

·
A Great Pumpkin
3,103 Posts
Agree that you have to consider what weather conditions it will have to be put out in, but that goes for most decor & props as well. But I think it's a cool archway & has a more edgy feel to it that's not too cutesy. I like it & say get it if it you really like it & feel it would fit in your display.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Im a sucker for inflatables, own....3(?). Keep an eye out for how 'easy' that will be to keep stood upright. I got a sinking pirate ship maybe 2 years ago, even with a small breeze...the mast would flop over every few minutes

1 - 16 of 16 Posts