Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Test tubes seem so expensive to use for Halloween shots. Has anyone used centrifuge tubes instead? They are not quite as clear but I think they would serve the purpose as soon as everyone realizes I'm serving shots...

·
Registered
325 Posts
As a SHOTS expert I have used a lot of tube types. The issue with these is FILLING them and getting them clean. They are safer and less hassle but not for JELLO type shots. I have a bag of about 100 I have never used as well as some that are branded and stuck into a foam carrying block. Over the years we have gone back to just using regular shot glasses, we have about 50 ! :)

·
Registered
244 Posts
I purchased these for my party last year:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004PD9ULS

They were awesome. None broke, held up in the dishwasher. The only problem was filling them as Woodsy mentioned. You need a really small funnel or a pipet. Other than that I'm really happy with them for the price. They come with a stand and stoppers.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As a SHOTS expert I have used a lot of tube types. The issue with these is FILLING them and getting them clean. They are safer and less hassle but not for JELLO type shots. I have a bag of about 100 I have never used as well as some that are branded and stuck into a foam carrying block. Over the years we have gone back to just using regular shot glasses, we have about 50 ! :)

Great feedback. Thanks!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I purchased these for my party last year:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004PD9ULS

They were awesome. None broke, held up in the dishwasher. The only problem was filling them as Woodsy mentioned. You need a really small funnel or a pipet. Other than that I'm really happy with them for the price. They come with a stand and stoppers.

I came so close to buying this exact set but thought the tubes might be a little small for a shot. I'm glad to know you liked them.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Woodsy,
Have you ever used medicinal dosage syringes for jello shots or the ones specifically made for shots? I'm wondering if the force needed to squirt a jello shot in your mouth would cause difficulty for people...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts