Halloween Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this on the Halloween Forum, but I do not know what happened to it, since the website was revamped. Here it is again, in case it was deleted.

This is all I know:

1. Someone on another site said that they remember reading something like this. They cannot remember basically anything, except that the cover had a monochrome appearance, largely white with some design in the middle in darker color, covered about a quarter to a third of the cover, and was centered.

2. Someone on Yahoo answers said that Joe Hill (author of Dark Carousel) writes these type of stories.

3. I read this on a horror collection I downloaded in 2015-2017, it was fairly new then. I have tried searching on my Kindle and found nothing.

4. This occurs in the story. A man jumps off a building or balcony (quite possibly suicide), I think a father. The mother and son (how old he was I am not entirely sure) were watching news. Suddenly, the son's body slowly disappears, first I think his legs, then his arms, as this happens, his mother screams, "Eli (I think that was his name), look down at yourself ..." He was ceasing to exist. I cannot remember the ending, but knowing how these stories turn out, I think it was not a happy one.

5. I thought it was the collection, "the Seer of Possibilities - And Other Disturbing Tales" by Thomas O or "Choose Your Doom: Collected Short Stories - Picking Stories for the Apocalypse." Apocalypse seems quite familiar for some reason. Something is telling me that this is from one of the Twisted Endings books by author Timothy D. McLendon, but unfortunately, though I downloaded the entire volumes from Amazon, they were returned, for some reason, they are currently unavailable. I will check E-bay.

6. I asked this on You Know That Show (from TV Tropes), Reedit, Booksleuth, Yahoo Answers, Do You Remember.co.uk, three horror forums (this one before it was revamped), and I sent this in to my local library. The librarian who was probably the most helpful of anyone, asked this approximately to 500 librarians and not one knew.

Ring any bells? Please help, thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts