Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI everyone; I'm planning on putting together a 3 axis bucky skull and would really appreciate help from those who know. It seems that there are many components to consider and I feel overwhelmed whith all the options and product upgrades. With this type of build starting from scratch will be fairly expensive and I would rather not make costly mistakes. I need to know what is needed and recomended, everything from wires to vsa programs etc.. Please include links to valued sites if possible. Just for referance I plan to expand my animatronics, lighting, and sound. I would rather purchase for ease and quality rather than price only.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I know these details have been plotted out in many differant threads, but as I mentioned previously I am overwhelmed with the options available. I believe this thread can help many by not having to dissect all the differant posts. Please help make life easier for us.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm in the same I have made several posts on this and it seem s everyone has given up on helping on this subject. I no that I have ordered parts myself from all that I have read from halloween Bob and bfjou812 . you can save money some money ordering all the parts yourself (ebay,lynx motion,servo city ect). Look up my 3 axis skull and you'll get your parts list I ordered a skul from gys because they had the best price and they have other parts you'll need if you don't have acess to a machine shop. I can tell you you might want to order a linberg skull the bucky is heavy I have eliminated alot of wight from my but I don't think it will be enough. so I'm going to make its jaw move and give it eyes and I'll give the linberg skull have motion.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply, someone does care!
I dIdn't realize that weight was a concern. I can probably muddle my way through the mechanical components, seeing as the pros on here don't want to grace me with their knowledge (nudge, nudge) but when it comes to the programs and electrical components it seems that my options are endless. I would just like to know what others are using and what is newest on the market.

·
BAD INFLUENCE
11,420 Posts
The thread posted by Halloweenbob is the most informative one that I can think of. That is the one I used ,with some modifications. I use a 3/8" rod that is turned down to 5/16" and use a 5/16" rod end. All of my linkage is set up for 4-40 components. Servos wrere bought off of e-bay, Tower pro 995, for the tilt ,nod and rotate. The jaw and eyes use Tower pro micro servo 9g. As bobdoddle stated you really need to cut out a LOT of the inside of a bucky skull. I did it as a necessity to cram all that crap in there! The weight savings was a bonus! As far as the electrical goes I use a Parallax Servo Control board, Usb version, a seperate variable power supply for the servos, and VSA software to control it. I have posted 2 videos on my skull, 3 axis 2 axis eyes , in the tutorial section and in this section. An awful lot of this stuff has come from trial and error, what you are comfortable doing and your abilities. As you have seen , there is a vast wealth of information and ideas on this. What you need to do is go through all of this and figure what will and won't work for you. Hope this helps

1 - 6 of 6 Posts