Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well look no further than your kids Halloween candy haul. That's right. One of my wife's friends found a business card for sex toys and naughty lingere in her kids basket with a note that said "For Mommy." Nothing graphic was on the card, only text but do you find this inappropriate or no?

F

·
0 Posts
Avon was doing it as well. I mean, I understand promoting but to not give the kids candy...but samples??? No. I dont even like Avon.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Every year this woman in our neighborhood gives out water bottles to parents advertising her massage business. We think it's a tad weird. But that is WAY inappropriate. Even if it wasn't graphic, Halloween is not the time to advertise your adult business to children in hopes of getting their parents interested. Talk about tacky.

·
The Haunting Girl
864 Posts
Really? An adult store business card in a child's trick-or-treat bag?!? That is beyond wrong! I mean I can see Avon people doing it and I don't think it's right. But you never ever ever give a child anything like that even if there wasn't anything "graphic" on it. That is just double wrong.
Trick-or-treating is not for advertising your business, it's for kids to go out and have fun. It's bad enough that women are allowed to dress like sluts for Halloween and no one bats an eye, but to actually give a child something like that even if it was for "mommy", there is something wrong with that person (or even the company if they suggested that their reps do that!).

·
Registered
48 Posts
That is wrong, like when (disclaimer: I am a New Orleanian) the former owner of the Popeyes corp would have his power racing boat as a carnival float, bedecked with former strippers turned trophy wives of friends, and would throw doubloons (like big coins) that doubled as coupons. So you were a kid scrambling for beads and such, getting mashed knuckles, only to see you get $1 off a 3 piece. Made one feel cheated. Another year a krewe (parade organization) in the suburbs was having financial problems and took the sponsorship of a plumbing company. Note: krewes don't do that. This one did. Everyone who went seemed to have the same reaction to catching cups and other stuff covered in plumbing ads. Just felt dirty.

I see one tiny exception on my anti-advertising stance. I am considering giving out business cards for my walkthrough's blog to each small group that attends it next year... so they can share it or maybe relive some of the scenes they liked. But this is a nonprofit setup, so I don't see it as being rude like Avon, Pampered Chef, Adam & Eve, etc...

·
The Haunting Girl
864 Posts
I see one tiny exception on my anti-advertising stance. I am considering giving out business cards for my walkthrough's blog to each small group that attends it next year... so they can share it or maybe relive some of the scenes they liked. But this is a nonprofit setup, so I don't see it as being rude like Avon, Pampered Chef, Adam & Eve, etc...
I did slips of paper in the ToT bags that had a little thank you note and a link to my Facebook in it. It's not rude if it's for your haunt and you're not asking for money.

·
Purely and Simply....EVIL
946 Posts
My business had Trick Or Treating at our store for two nights during Halloween. We included a $1.00 of a Regular Sized Ice Cream business card with their candy...the kids and adults were really happy to get that!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts