Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great sale going on right now. They have the Winter Dragon $185.99. Use coupon code SAVE40SZ to save an extra $20. I seriously doubt you'll find this anywhere cheaper this year, and they probably won't last long. If you're thinking about buying one, you better buy it right now. It's starting to make the rounds on Facebook.

https://www.shindigz.com/animated-winter-dragon-prop/p/HWNAWDR

·
Registered
241 Posts
I ordered it earlier this morning when I saw it, didn't wait or look for a better deal - not going to find one. I feared they would realize somebody made a mistake and start backtracking. I haven't received any emails yet, so that worries me that mine may be cancelled before it ships. They charged my credit card, but my order status just shows "not shipped" and I've not gotten any emails, no "thanks for your order" or "there was a problem with your order" either. Waiting and watching, fingers crossed I get it at the discounted price.

UPDATE: I did receive a confirmation email, it went to my spam folder and I didn't see it.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I ordered it earlier this morning when I saw it, didn't wait or look for a better deal - not going to find one. I feared they would realize somebody made a mistake and start backtracking. I haven't received any emails yet, so that worries me that mine may be cancelled before it ships. They charged my credit card, but my order status just shows "not shipped" and I've not gotten any emails, no "thanks for your order" or "there was a problem with your order" either. Waiting and watching, fingers crossed I get it at the discounted price.
If that is the case than i will just buy one of the Home Depot dragons.:(

·
Registered
263 Posts
I ordered last night around 11pm and my order status is also not shipped, but I did receive a confirmationshortly after I placed the order

·
Registered
13,768 Posts
Why are people buying dragons for Halloween?
Interested to hear what others might do with theirs. Been collecting things for this general theme for a couple of years now. I have a number of medieval themed costumes (long ladies dresses and guys knight and huntsman type outfits) that I'm thinking I'll use for some castle centered scene. I have a few of those haunted tree faces I'd like to use for a forest scene, a Maleficent costume for a prop to go into our second story window above our garage looking out from above. Think the garage below will be a thorn-woods scene possibly. Have a great, old, long white haired and beard wizards mask that will become the castle wizard. If one of us dresses up as the wizard and we don't use him as prop, also have that Harry Potter wand that can control some IR devices. Hmm wonder if he can control the dragon to flap it's wings and come to life and spit out fog? Have a Big Lots large skeleton dragon from last year that will be part of the dragon's lair. Of course what knight doesn't have a skeleton horse (picked up the saddle and reins and such for him from HD last year)? Fog machine for an eerie castle moor graveyard area (using TJMaxx celtic grave stones). Croaking frogs for sound. Actually have a lot of items to make an eerie, mystical scene for the kids to experience when they get their treats from the old wizard. Not something in the works for this year however.

·
Registered
268 Posts
as for why dragons for Halloween... I didn't buy him for Halloween.... I bought him (because he's freaking awesome) for my library... I have a 6' winged Death in there, and this seemed a perfect companion for him... (and Death is because we've got two shelves of the Terry Pratchett Discworld books, where Death is the one constant character in every book (well, except for that one ghost-writer book that came out after Terry's Alzheimers was announced...))

·
Registered
13,768 Posts
BTW I got my confirmation email promptly after placing it and the order itself still indicates it hasn't shipped yet. With it going their standard delivery route figure it could take a few days before shipping out. I thought these guys were selling for over $200 but was shocked to see them relist it after the sale for $500. Checked around and $499 seem to be the full retail price. Gives them room to mark down later for sales I guess. Most prices I'm seeing now that I'm checking show from $349 with free shipping to $399 as more typical. I figured that Shindigz probably offers a loss leader for a very short time or as a flash sale item. Gets people talking and checking them out. I hope they won't come back and say this was a mistake and cancel all of our orders. If people can make money off of $349, what we got it for would be more like a 50% discount, sort of like what GrandinRoad offers early on some of their items to kick off the season and then later around halloween, and like Spirit's half off day after sale pricing. Guess we'll know later this week if orders are being shipped.

Just saw CzarinaKatarina's post that she has hers already and very excited to hear that. Thanks for posting! You must live really close to their warehouse. Whew I was beginning to wonder what I would change in my proposed plan if he didn't ship. The HD dragons are nice, and more money that I'd be willing to spend, but I actually like the movement of this one better instead of a static body. Out of curiosity did you pick standard delivery or one of the other faster services?

·
Registered
268 Posts
GoS, I chose the standard $9.99 delivery... it wasn't supposed to be here until about the 9th.... I was really surprised to see him on the porch... it came UPS ground from Indiana (I live just north of Atlanta, GA)

BTW I got my confirmation email promptly after placing it and the order itself still indicates it hasn't shipped yet. With it going their standard delivery route figure it could take a few days before shipping out. I thought these guys were selling for over $200 but was shocked to see them relist it after the sale for $500. Checked around and $499 seem to be the full retail price. Gives them room to mark down later for sales I guess. Most prices I'm seeing now that I'm checking show from $349 with free shipping to $399 as more typical. I figured that Shindigz probably offers a loss leader for a very short time or as a flash sale item. Gets people talking and checking them out. I hope they won't come back and say this was a mistake and cancel all of our orders. If people can make money off of $349, what we got it for would be more like a 50% discount, sort of like what GrandinRoad offers early on some of their items to kick off the season and then later around halloween, and like Spirit's half off day after sale pricing. Guess we'll know later this week if orders are being shipped.

Just saw CzarinaKatarina's post that she has hers already and very excited to hear that. Thanks for posting! You must live really close to their warehouse. Whew I was beginning to wonder what I would change in my proposed plan if he didn't ship. The HD dragons are nice, and more money that I'd be willing to spend, but I actually like the movement of this one better instead of a static body. Out of curiosity did you pick standard delivery or one of the other faster services?

·
Registered
31 Posts

I can give some info here since I tried to cancel one of my two orders. These orders are drop shipped. Shindigz has no info on shipping and won’t update there website as the don’t even get tracking numbers. I called as they opened to cancel and they said it was too late since they don’t ship from their warehouse. So it’s very unlikely the cancel these orders.

·
Registered
13,768 Posts
Thanks for the info guys. CzarinaKatarina Wow that was quick for that price. I have an 8/13 delivered by date. I'm curious if when you check your order on their site if it shows Shipped along with a tracking number. I've ordered from them before but mostly banners. I don't know if I've always receceived an email saying my order shipped but my order form itself has indicated it. I'm certainly hoping there's tracking for something this big and expensive. I'd like to make sure to be home when it arrives. Thanks.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I got my confirmation email from them on Wed at 8:46 pm... the website still shows my order as not shipped, so that doesn't update... which is a shame since they include 2 "Check your order status" links in the email...

the dragon is glorious... very easy to put together... everything is clearly labeled with white stickers and everything locks into place... the only problem that I had (aside from when I hit the ceiling fan putting the neck on) is that I apparently suck at draping... the fabric completely confused me for a moment... otherwise, fantastic... and he has haunches (would that be the right word? he's got legs)… I was expecting a draped figure (more of a combination wyvern/wizard... super pleased with him...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 47 Posts