Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Wisp in the Mist
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This year I have to change some things around, and leave some things out. I will only have time to decorate the porch, but I want to use my black light twist bulbs for my cheesecloth ghost up there. I found out on another list, how to water proof them, and also keep them from being touched directly by anything (esp. cloth) by covering them with canning jars.

The problem is that I think the glow will be diminished by the street light that faces the house, and also by the porch light.

If I hang creepy cloth all around the porch, and sort of "enclose" the ghost in a canopy of it, giving her around a 3 ft wide berth, do you think that will lessen the effects of the brighter lights shining on her, and make her glow better than if she were just exposed? I don't want to go to the expense of buying all of the creepy cloth I can find if it's not going to work.

Thanks!

·
Registered
237 Posts
you could try black plastic in the direction of the lights.if you use florescent lights they are brighter.you can find at home depot type stores in the lighting area.also walmart has them in the same area.

·
Wisp in the Mist
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! You reminded me that I have a roll of black anti-weed fabric. That might come in handy for this, too. I'm kind of stuck with these lights for this year, budget-wise.

Next year, I hope to just use the yard so I don't have to worry about the lights. We have one dark corner that would be perfect.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts