Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Imperial Hybrid (7)
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a video of our ( Hamm and Cylonfrogqueen) Shiatsu Spider Victim.

We did a Tutorial and Part One is located here:
http://www.halloweenforum.com/tutorials-step-step/76152-spider-victim-part-one.html

Sorry about the "Flashlight video". Our Lighting is packed away, along with
webbing. ( Its Feb.......what can I say?) But it will give you an idea.
Looking forward to setting a real display up for Halloween !
Thanks for looking !

·
Don't Drink and Fly!!
2,959 Posts
Excellent work, CFQ!! The audio is fabulous, and the webs look awesome. You guys do great things!!!

·
Imperial Hybrid (7)
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks from the both of us.
I am going to tone down the glaring red eyes. didn't realize they would be so bright.
Gonna work on making them just kind of glow.

I cannibalized a Target Hanging Mummy decoration to use the head and arms.
It also had the audio built into it. The couple of phrases it says, were okay, so I left that
feature in . I am not up to speed on dubbing sound tracks in props. ( someday I hope
to be able) I did look for soundscapes or sound bites to use- but I did not find any really
good spider victims. Didn't like the fly "help me, Help me" sound bites, and most of the moans and screams weren't what I wanted,even if I could dub sound into this prop.

·
Open up and say "Aaaaahh"
1,562 Posts
I really liked not only the prop which is very cool, but the flashlight in the video REALLY WORKED to give it a spider cave look. It's hard to explain, but it looks like the victim was stumbled upon in the dark by someone with a flashlight and it really adds to the creepiness.

·
Funeral Crasher
7,443 Posts
Wow!! Great looking prop, CFQ and Hamm! He looks really creepy squirming like that.
I think he must be delirious from all the blood rushing to his head. That's why he's talking so crazy! LOL
Congratulations on job well done!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts