Halloween Forum banner

41 - 60 of 276 Posts

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
I am weeks behind due to the weather being too hot. I know this weekend is supposed to turn that around but I have been so depressed about it I am having trouble getting excited about finally being able to put stuff out. Part of me feels like what's even the point this late in the season?
I'm strugging with this too. In TN ,the high 90's in October is so depressing, the leaves aren't even turning....just drying up and falling off a dry crispy mess. I just keep thinking we have seen the end of fall here. It makes it hard to get into the mood.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I am weeks behind due to the weather being too hot. I know this weekend is supposed to turn that around but I have been so depressed about it I am having trouble getting excited about finally being able to put stuff out. Part of me feels like what's even the point this late in the season?
Hang in there! It’s never too late to do something no matter how small it is. Don’t let Mother Nature ruin Halloween. After all, she’ll be annoying us all year whereas Halloween we get only once a year.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I'm strugging with this too. In TN ,the high 90's in October is so depressing, the leaves aren't even turning....just drying up and falling off a dry crispy mess. I just keep thinking we have seen the end of fall here. It makes it hard to get into the mood.
We had 40-degree weather and rain all week. Trade ya!

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I'm in TN too near Nashville and this was supposed to be the last hot day. Appendages crossed. Really I can't take it any more.

·
Registered
210 Posts
This will be my second year in a row without a large setup. :( I miss my yard haunts! Maybe in a future Halloween I can do something! Until then, I visit here to OOGLE and AHHHH at all of your decorations!!!
We dialed it back this year a bit. Last year we had skeletons climbing the porch roof, a set of them butchering zombies and making soup, and a lot of gravestones.

This year I scaled down to just a graveyard (I added a few tombstones and upgraded a couple others) and I'll have skeletons carrying a body toward the graveyard with a grim reaper type in attendance. No butchering, no porch climbing skeletons, etc. Even so ... build out yesterday was a full body workout. And lighting still needs to be done. My sore thighs, calves, and glutes envy a smaller haunt right now :)

·
Registered
499 Posts
Everyone's displays look awesome! I tend to wait until the weekend before Halloween to put most stuff in the yard. We are prone to getting crazy windstorms this time of year so anything that goes outside has to be securely anchored. Today I put up my Dollar Tree items. I'm impressed with the pathway lights and wish I had bought more!

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'm still setting up....there are a couple of my props I am hesitant about setting up now and thinking the night before Halloween will be when they come out.

Attachments

41 - 60 of 276 Posts