73 Posts
Discussion Starter #262

·
Registered
469 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
My display is very low budget and a work in progress. I intended to do a Pet Sematary theme but life got in the way. There's always next year! Here's the entrance to the Walkway of Doom. I use a lot of motion/sound activated items to provide the scares. The first thing that gets triggered is the "haunted sounds" box to set the spooky scene...
IMG_20191031_201718-01.jpeg
Left side....
IMG_20191031_201742-01.jpeg
Right side... conveniently our cool old street light picked Halloween to completely rust out and fall over
IMG_20191031_201823-01.jpeg
I put up this cemetery scene setter but it's too dark on our street to see it!
IMG_20191031_202242-01.jpeg
Skellies on the right...
IMG_20191031_201924-01.jpeg
Close-up in the fog
IMG_20191031_201954-01.jpeg
Skellies on the left (and my useless coffin prop from Home Depot that NEVER goes off)
IMG_20191031_201936-01.jpeg
The final destination - candy! The greatest thing I ever bought is the hedge monster, which I put in the bush on the right, right by the porch - gets them every time!
IMG_20191031_202050-01.jpeg

·
Registered
193 Posts
Some Halloween night photos. Biggest setup I've done so far. Added a lot this year. Need to plan better for next year and maybe start a little earlier as there were plenty of projects that didn't get started that I really wanted to do. I finally made a crypt to cover the fog machine (been on the list of things to do for 3 years). The hubs said if I was gonna do it I should make it a Templar Knight crypt. He supplied a small crypt box for inspiration and I spent many hours with my router and some foam... Then HD came out with their knight animated prop and I knew it would all come together. The tower of jack o' lanterns was a huge hit. I used a perfect storm box and a bluetooth speaker connected to my ipad so all of the lights danced to the music and could be heard from the street.

Attachments

·
Registered
193 Posts
The pirate area was all new this year. I made piles of treasure, a dock, 4 pilings, a huge cardboard crate, section of ships decking for the HD animated wheel with captain, mast, hacked Squawkers McCaw to talk/sing, etc.... It was a lot of fun and can't wait to improve this section for next year! ☠ ☠ ☠

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
Lots of serious talent.

Anyone who doubts that dinosaurs belong in a Halloween display needs to check out the latest pics.

·
Super Moderator
5,634 Posts
HalloweenInsanity,

WAY back in the day, at the very beginning of the digital photo age, one of my professional gigs was decorating for a dinosaur museum. Most the decorating was outside with replica statues, but we also lit up the bone museum. Your place brings back those memories. Thank you, awesome!

(really crappy digital camera photo, one of the few that managed to semi come out in the lighting)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Lots of serious talent.

Anyone who doubts that dinosaurs belong in a Halloween display needs to check out the latest pics.
Thank you, I know lots of people don't equate Halloween and dinosaurs, I have been hesitant to post, this is our second year of the dinos. Previously it was over a decade of pirates, which was a lot of fun too. Kids LOVE the dinosaurs and walking the path through the yard, the parents love the nod to Jurassic Park, the characters, the background music. The theme works out great for my Jeep- it's a huge prop and I don't have to store it. :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
HalloweenInsanity,

WAY back in the day, at the very beginning of the digital photo age, one of my professional gigs was decorating for a dinosaur museum. Most the decorating was outside with replica statues, but we also lit up the bone museum. Your place brings back those memories. Thank you, awesome!

(really crappy digital camera photo, one of the few that managed to semi come out in the lighting)
Wow, what a great job! Wish I had a few of those for my yard!!!! :LOL:

261 - 276 of 276 Posts