Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do to a deluge of rain (9 inches over two days) the eves before Halloween I could not display my cemetery this year and nearly wasn't able to have any display, but the Haunt must go on. I was only able to install the spider lair which includes various cocoon victims and a couple of life size skeleton spiders. I included day and evening photos. I'm a traditionalist Haunter so i believe your display should appear just as good during the day as it does in the evening. Enjoy.

Additional photos located on my pinterest account - https://www.pinterest.com/shallow_grave/

Attachments

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do to all the rain everything in the display was last minute, including the skeleton spiders. The cocoons only took 15-30 minutes each. I used a combination of the 1/2 size (30") and full size (60") skeletons. Pose them and use hot glue to hold the joints and limbs in place. Tie twine to the limbs that you will be hanging them from. Then use cheese cloth to wrap them. I just used a single layer and tacked it on using spots of hot glue. Touch it up with additional sheets of cheese cloth as necessary. I also covered the twine supports with cheese cloth to make it look like webs. Now comes the tricky part, hanging it for display. I used 3M command strips with the large hangers that I hot glued in place. Make sure to let the glue dry for 20-30 minutes before hanging or they will just pull right off the surface. Drill a hole in the hook portion of the hanger and tie the twine to it. Cover the twine and hangers with cheese cloth / webs. Install some additional webs from your cocoon victims to the surrounding surfaces and your done (i just used the cheap cotton webs). You can get everything in the display from Walmart or one of the other big box stores (cheap and simple).

·
Registered
399 Posts
I for 1 don't like that display.. I LOVE it. Super cool. That sort of display is right up my street. Very impressive.. Simple yet effective lighting. Awesome work

I look forward to see what you do next.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the comments. 2016 will be the last year I use these "temporary" props as I have been experimenting with various finishes and techniques and I finally feel comfortable enough to start producing different themes each year. I will post progress photos as I complete various props and I'm also working on some tutorials to share the knowledge.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts