Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
One of the best setups I've seen. Great job.

I have aspirations of running a similar sized attraction at my home someday soon. I hope you can answer some questions for me.

1. How many nights do you run? What hours?

2. How much of your stuff is battery powered? What efforts have you taken to power everything without blowing breakers at your home?

3. How much stuff do you take down and put up every night?

4. Do you advertise? How do you get the word out? Signs around the area, craigslist, etc.

5. If you are willing, how much do you spend on running costs, such as fog juice, batteries, expendable decorations, etc?

6. Where/how do you store everything?

Thanks a lot!

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
Excellent. Very professional looking home haunt with some great props and effects!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks feedmelies for watching.

One of the best setups I've seen. Great job.

I have aspirations of running a similar sized attraction at my home someday soon. I hope you can answer some questions for me.

Thanks a lot!
1. How many nights do you run? What hours?

I only open a few days before Halloween for invited guests that are busy and cannot not attend on the big night. Open Halloween night from 5 till 9. I would like to open my haunt sooner in October, but it already takes me a full five weeks for setup and I’m exhausted by the time Halloween night arrives.

2. How much of your stuff is battery powered? What efforts have you taken to power everything without blowing breakers at your home?

Very little is battery powered. Just a handful of mini-strobes and tea lights. Almost all lighting is homemade 12 volt LED arrays. I had to add a second air compressor this year. It and my original compressor each run on their own dedicated 20-amp circuit. I have three other dedicated 15 amp circuits for fog machines, lighting and prop controllers.

3. How much stuff do you take down and put up every night?

Nothing…it all stays out. Haven’t had any theft/vandalism yet.

4. Do you advertise? How do you get the word out? Signs around the area, craigslist, etc.

No advertisement besides banners at my haunt. I may consider news print/social networks in the future for gaining more exposure in an effort to boost charitable pet food donations. I do not charge for my haunt.

5. If you are willing, how much do you spend on running costs, such as fog juice, batteries, expendable decorations, etc?

Only expendables, beside power and my own sanity, are about four gallons of fog juice.

6. Where/how do you store everything?

Everything is made to be collapsible. If I can’t make a prop somewhat collapsible, I don’t build it. Everything is stored in a 8 x 10 backyard shed plus sides and back wall of my garage….I can still fit two cars in my garage during the winter.

Thanks again and good luck with your haunt!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Fantastic and very inspirational! I love how you've made very unique things. Hard to pick favorites, but I must say the giant eyeballs dangling by optic nerves would be my pick, followed very closely by the sewer beast that was snakelike.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Really awesome setup, if i had to set a goal... I'd use this haunt as that goal

Great work, amazing setup... The themed areas really set it all off!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Quite impressive- I especially liked the painted canvas? doorways into each themed area. I may use that idea for my fledgling haunt next year. Sure beats building working doors into the various scenes. I like those head poppers- are they driven by an air compressor? And one of my favorites is the giant grub popping out of the barrel- I liked it last year and this year too.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts