Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to use a sewing machine motor for my Axworthy. I can't figure out the wiring though. My intention is to use a motor control to control the speed and take out the pedal. The wiring has me scratching my head though as the 2 wires coming out of the motor have continuity...and only one side of the 110v goes to the motor. Just trying to figure out what to do to remove the pedal. This is what I have http://www.ebay.com/itm/HIGH-POWER-150-Watt-1-5-Amp-Sewing-Machine-Motor-Pedal-SINGER-15-66-99-127-/171914529385?hash=item2806e78a69

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
The pedal is basically just a current dimmer. Any motor has continuity across the windings, nothing special there. Not sure what speed control you have but typically they just get wired between the hot and the motor. The neutral wire goes directly to the motor.

·
Registered
629 Posts
If your motor and foot pedal are like others I've seen then the foot pedal is just a variable resistor.

The wiring should be:
One wire from wall to foot pedal and then from foot pedal to motor.
The other wire goes directly from the wall to the motor.

To remove the foot pedal just cut the wires from the foot pedal and connect them together. That will cause the motor to run at full speed when you plug it in.

The major problem with using a sewing machine motor for an Axworthy is the motors are generally not rated for continuous duty and will burn out quickly.

Good luck and may the Force be with you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts