Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the beginning stages of creating a moving skull. These are the electronics I believe that are needed. Please, experts, let me know if these are compatible together and with the VSA Software.

1) HS-425BB Servo (90 degrees) - HS-425BB Super Sport BB

2) SSC-32 Servo Controller - SSC-32 Servo Controller

3) Regulater Wall Pack - Regulated Wall Pack - 6.0vdc 2.5amp

4) Wiring Harness for Wall Pack - Wiring Harness - Wall Pack Connector

If you can let me know if these will all work together - I would like to order them ASAP so I can start playing and experimenting.

·
Banned
535 Posts
Well the 425bb servo is fine for the jaw movement on a bucky but the tilt nod rotate it isnt going to cut it 645s are going to be a better bet and you are going to need a db9 cable also.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well the 425bb servo is fine for the jaw movement on a bucky but the tilt nod rotate it isnt going to cut it 645s are going to be a better bet and you are going to need a db9 cable also.
is this what your talking about?

HS-645MG Ultra Torque

and I have a serial cable already, so no need for a db9 serial.

·
Dead and loving it.
1,620 Posts
I used the 425BB servos from Hitec on 8 skulls and they all work just fine. How many Servos will you be using?

I don't think you will need the wiring harness. What guage wire are you using? Also, you are going to need a USB to RS232 adapter for your controller card unless you have the right plug on your computer and cable for the controller. How are you mounting the servos to the skull?

Also, the wallwart Amps may be a bit on the low side. You can find a Wallwart at Allelectronics.com with at least 3.7 Amps.

Does this help?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts