Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh sure, we all have our supplies of styrofoam, paint, latex, glue, pvc, 1x3 lumber, fake hair, eyes, masks, LED's, lighting fixtures, wire, pneumatic items, etc. If your workshop is like mine, there are also a lot of really, really sharp spinning, high speed cutting implements.

It is strongly advised to always maintain all of your fingers in operating order, as they will be necessary later for pulling the tops off of beer bottles. There should always be a cooler of ice nearby where errant digits may be stored until the project is complete. Just don't get upset if one of your haunt helpers mistakes it for a cocktail wienie. If that happens, be sure there's enough stuff in the garage to make some fake fingers to hold you over until you make it to the prosthetics store.

You should always be safe, but, if can't always be safe, be prepared! ;)

NOTE: I have folowed this advice and am happy to say all 10 digits are still attached and working.

This message has been brought to you by the Wolfbeard Council on Home Haunter Safety. Use of this advice is at the user's own peril. The Wolfbeard Council on Home Haunter Safety makes no representations either express or implied, regarding the usefulness or validity of this information. It appears that Wolfbeard was just really bored at work today and was taking a break. Void where prohibited licensed or taxed. No animals were harmed in the making of this post, although numerous electrons were apparently wasted.

·
Registered
576 Posts
lol...wait...uh...lol

I hope this is not actually what happened. What am I saying, you wouldn't be able to type the message if you were missing digits. :)

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,329 Posts
Most amateur woodworkers are very aware and respectful of the injury potential of Power Tools. I work with "Pros", and believe me, I've met a few mutilated Journeymen and Apprentices over the years. That said, you can never be too careful.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol...wait...uh...lol

I hope this is not actually what happened. What am I saying, you wouldn't be able to type the message if you were missing digits. :)

Nope. All 10 are attached and in working order. I was just a bit bored and the mind wandered at work. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Don't forget the safety glasses, everyone. I was once working on a '64 Chevy and got metal in my eye. It's very painful and so were the three visits to the eye doctor to get it all out. It's too bad it wasn't around Halloween, I had a rust ring on the green part of my eye that looked really spooky. Sooooooo.....wear the safety glasses, too, O.K?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts