Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, my theme this year is going to be the serial killer farm people. I am going to build at least 3 scarecrows (one cross without a scarecrow so I can prop myself up there and jump out), fire pit, I am going to try cornstalks, and hay piles.
I need more ideas to help with this theme. I will take pics when complete.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hello? Anyone?

·
Scariest guy on the block
1,956 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes!! That is what in talking about!!

·
Scariest guy on the block
1,956 Posts
Maybe make some wind chimes from random animal bones and hang them up. Animal skulls laying around. Have a creepy rocking granny in an old rocking chair. Old dirty mason jars with bloody looking stuff in them. Old rusty lanterns for lighting. Just a few ideas for ya!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Random thoughts:

An ax buried in a nice, bloody head-chopping stump
A pedal driven grinding wheel for sharpening would look great
A big pile of shoes near the 'processing' station (thank you Criminal Minds)
Skin tanning rack with human skin

·
Registered
402 Posts
You could have a scene where it looked like two young people were having a picnic and got killed. Have some crows eating on them, maybe one crow could have an eyeball in it's mouth.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Great stuff guys. Thanks!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Does anyone know if there is a tutorial for the corn stalk man with the pumpkin face shown above. That would be perfect for our corn stalk scene on our haunted trail.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Does anyone know if there is a tutorial for the corn stalk man with the pumpkin face shown above. That would be perfect for our corn stalk scene on our haunted trail.
It is your lucky day because I created my own pumpkin corn stalk man based off the picture I saw online.

Heres the one online: Corn Stalker.jpg

Heres mine: 9.jpg 65.jpg 66.jpg 67.jpg 64.jpg

What I did was created a pvc frame for it. I painted it brown so you couldn't see the pipe if a cornstalk was not covering it. I use 1 1/2 inch pvc. In order for it to stand up I put rebar in the ground and put his pvc legs over it. I bought the pumpkin head at spirit Halloween. Then I covered the character in cornstalks and I used zipties to attach it to the pipe. It happened to be raining last year which made the cornstalks very easy to maneuver, it was almost like seaweed. It is a very easy project.

Painted Body.jpg PVC body frame

Mask.jpg Hanging Head Prop.jpg Pumpkin head from spirit Halloween.

If you have any more questions just let me know
:)

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Gonna make my own pumpkin heads this year and put them on the scarecrows halloween night!

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
image2.jpg
update on this......

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
IMG_1078.jpg
Another one...