Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Going bump in the night..
3,388 Posts
So many questions!!

How many houses in this area / neighborhood / town ARE haunted, that "not haunted" becomes a selling point?
...and that they have a full-blown, professionally made sign attachment to hang on the yard marquee?
...and is it really a selling point, or a matter of disclosure?
...and do they have a "haunted" sign for disclosure on the houses that are haunted?
...and just how entertaining must Halloween be in this town if that many houses are haunted?

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Several States have laws pertaining to disclosing a houses' reputation for being "Haunted". If ignored by the relator a lawsuit will find in the buyer's favor and damages may be severe.
I think sometimes certain people have ghosts with THEM. Change houses, there they are again!
I wonder if a house in which a murder or more have happened fall under the same disclosure laws? An actual murder (s) would freak out more buyers in my opinion.
Sensitive people can tell you a house had a murder in it and even narrow it down to which room, as then proved by historical fact.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Of course the really stupid thing people ask about a house 140 years old:"Has anybody ever died in this house?"
Going back over all of the people who lived, rented a room, rented an apartment in a large 140 year old house when medical assistance was almost "0", there were no Hospitals, no nursing homes (to die in).. just what are just the "odds", that "somebody " died in such an old house?
We know for a fact the original builder/owner of our Ravens Grin did die here because we found the news article on-line.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Heck.three of my grandparents died at home. That was in the 1980's and 1990's. My great aunt just passed away in her home in 2012. Her brother and sister died in the same house. I think just passing away vs. being killed or taking ones own life would leave a different type of energy.
Oh...and photoshop is a great program I hear....

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
I don't think all "Ghosts" have that much to do with dying there.
A young woman would "see" two guys sitting at the bar in her Parent's summer cottage, who weren't quite "all there" wearing suits.
When these sort of things happen to her she would feel the hairs on her arms begin to tingle. Sometimes the tingling happened before she would see something.
As a 30 yr. old adult she was in the cottage with her Dad and he mentioned seeing the two guys at the bar!
"You can see them too!?"
He had been seeing them for years.
"Why didn't you tell me!?" (It would have calmed her somewhat,I am sure)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts