Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today was, and tomorrow will be very fall-esque out here... cloudy, just the right amount of chill the only things missing are the red and orange, and that awesome... silent feeling... can't place words to it... That wonderful "connected feeling" I'm sure some of you out there have felt it.

The point of this post is, when you have a day off and it's pretty fall like... what do you like to do? I really just love to pretend that it is early September and October is just inching closer. ... and I crave, chai... because most places don't have pumpkin spice left..

Idk, does anybody else do this or think these types of things about Days that resemble fall weather?

This should be interesting to hear.

(also here's a small vid of my favorite fall day that happened last year... it's randomly at the end of August 0.o ... ands its a on a phone.... vertically lol)

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
I JUST posted this on Facebook on The Ravens Grin site: "YUP! you missed Summer,it's October! Ravens Grin Haunt is Open!(50 degrees, cloudy, it must be October!?)

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
7,111 Posts
Same here. It's quite cool and windy here in Illinois...a bit Fall like. The trees are dropping all their seeds...especially those little helicopter seeds...and when the wind blows them down the street, the sound reminds me of leaves blowing. I just had a cup of hot chocolate in my Jack Skellington mug, lol. Tomorrow weather will be the same, if not a little cooler with more wind, so I am making a pot of homemade soup for dinner, and maybe a cup of hot cider in the evening! I spent some of the day thinking of how I want to make my pumpkin head scarecrow that I am hoping to start working on soon.

·
Prop Master
728 Posts
Out here in the desert it's been in the 40's and 50's in the morning and around the 80's during the day, very cool weather out here for this time of year considering it should be in the 100's by now. I have been loving it, and not having to turn the AC on is a bonus. Feels like hauntings just around the corner.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
I'm sorry everybody, it's all my fault! (Spoken like a Husband) I replaced the hard top on the Jeep with a rag-top anticipating WARMER WEATHER! GRR!

·
Registered
902 Posts
If that's the case jim, will you come and clean up all the broken branches in my yard please , hahaha

·
Registered
70 Posts
Ah yes, the cool breezes, the rustling of dried up leaves and hints of darkness in the air.... and it looks like this kinda weather is going to be a pattern here in the Northeast.

I can get used to that!

-Mike

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
Thirty-degree temperature drop overnight... Check. Fans or air conditioning to heat... Check. Yes, Fall seemingly is here:rolleyes: Where are all the Halloween items that are supposed to be in stores?!;)

·
Registered
720 Posts
Lucky you! Here in Virginia it's hot and humid pretty much 24/7 between May and September (today it was 91!). But when we do get those days of autumn cool, I just like to sit outside and enjoy it. I don't need a book, I don't need music; all I want to do is breathe it all in.

·
Registered
327 Posts
We've had pretty cool weather here in North Texas for the time of year (normally it's in the 90's, at least, by May.) The last couple of days have been cloudy and cool (highs in the 70s,) and a little rainy, which is very fall-like for this neck of the woods. We're going to be moving my mom into a place a couple of doors down from us this weekend, and Mom and I have been talking about how excited we are to decorate for Halloween together this year. So, yesterday, I made a Halloween wreath for her front door with black faux carnations, skelly legs and hands, and a little skull, with a hand painted sign in the center that says "Come inside - rest your bones." Not that I can't make Halloween things in any kind of weather, but this especially put me in the mood! I'm also gearing up for a yard sale, mostly of my Dad's things (he passed away a couple of years ago, and due to limited space, we've been slowly picking up his things and going through them at home,) but I've taken the opportunity to do some more spring cleaning, which I also do in the fall. I've gotten rid of quite a few things so far!

·
A Wee Bit Wicked
1,292 Posts
:D I get where you're coming from. So cool to be who you are....October infects us all. And I love that you have the wildness in you to let yourself get lost in the subterfuge of the day.;) So awesome. Whether it be October in May....it's so cool that you can lose yourself in it. My favorite fall day always includes driving down some lost country road covered with orange and russet leaves. Me, zooming down the road, kicking up a cloud of those leaves and smiling at the mess in the rearview; it makes me grin and laugh out loud. You are an inspiration and an infection, yourself..:D

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
It's been 55 degrees and cloudy all day. Loved it. Just finished my last pumpkin ale on the porch relaxing. Love it.

Reactions: Burgundyblack

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm quite envious!! Actually, yesterday and today weren't that bad. It tricked my brain for a second, and I thought I was behind in getting everything out in time. *sigh*

(I'm still in the mood for candy corn, though.)
Nothing wrong with wanting triangular sugar!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Lucky you! Here in Virginia it's hot and humid pretty much 24/7 between May and September (today it was 91!). But when we do get those days of autumn cool, I just like to sit outside and enjoy it. I don't need a book, I don't need music; all I want to do is breathe it all in.
Completely understand that one... I Just go to my favorite park, and or a local coffee shop and absorb everything. I do some of my best thinking in these days! :)

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Here in Florida we have five months to go before we get fallish weather. It was 91 today and I've had my air conditioner on since the last week of March, I'm not complaining really, it's the price we pay for nice winters. I'm going to light some pumpkin candles now so I can feel like it fall here too!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts