Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be ready for webbing my decorations this weekend. But some packages of web are better than others. Which brands or kinds have you had the best results with? Are the more expensive bags of webbing worth the price?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
It's more the technique on how it is pulled. You get better as you work with it but I notice no difference in the more pricey webs. Webcasters are pretty cool if you want to try hot glue for webs. It cleans up easy and you get some pretty realistic webs. It is nice to combine them with the webcaster closer to the audience and pulled webbing for distance.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I have actually found the webs from Dollar Tree stretch/pull better than the stuff I have gotten at Walmart. It has a much more silkier/softer feel to it where as the stuff from Walmart feels more like polyfill and pulls/stretches pretty much the same way as polyfill does. Here is what my webs look like after using the stuff from Dollar Tree.

DSCF2719 - Copy.JPG DSCF2708 - Copy.JPG DSCF2720 - Copy.JPG

·
Registered
263 Posts
I've tried lots of brands, they all work fairly similar. I normally try to wait as long as i can before i put it out due to weather conditions. One day of strong winds or rain its gonna look like crap no matter what brand you use.

·
Registered
71 Posts

What stinkerbell said.

Knott's Berry Farm uses it for their haunts. Looks great with black light also.

Not mine but pics i found online.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Definitely go with the beef netting. If you are looking for the more stringy type webbing, make your own web caster gun. Don’t buy the one from the Halloween items at the store.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts