Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to cover the eye holes in my mask that I am wearing this year with black fabric where I can see out but they cant see my eyes. Anybody know what kind of fabric will do that? One of my masks I bought last year all ready had it attached to the mask and worked awesome! Just not sure what kind of fabric it is :( Please help!

·
Registered
34,922 Posts
Ask at any fabric store for football jersey material and tell them what you need it for, they should be able to help you find just what you need.

·
Warlock
1,369 Posts
Any thin material can work. go to the fabric store and hold the stuff up to the light. The way the effect works is like looking through a window at night--the person on the dark side [you, in the mask] can see the people on the well lit side [everybody else] without being seen by the well lit people. I've used thin gauze, very thin broadcloth, tule, netting, even some silks [expensive but very very nice]. check through the remnants first--you might find a swatch of mystery fabric that fits your needs for cheap.

·
Registered
25 Posts
JoAnn Fabrics has a nice black sheer in the Halloween fabric section. You can layer it multiple times to get darker (wouldn't go more than 3). The people at mine didn't know what scrim was!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome. Thanks for the ideas everybody! I plan on making a trip to JoAnne's tomorrow and see what they have and if they can help with what everybody here suggested. Thanks again!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I went to the fabric store today and asked for scrim and unforunately they said they dont carry it anymore and couldnt think of anybody that would except for theater supply stores. Anybody know where I could find some? I also searched for Scrim on here and somebody used a Poly Gauze fabric, anybody ever use that??? Thanks again for your help! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts