·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Registered
333 Posts
It's very difficult to explain the feeling in the ossuary. Here's a few more of the ceilings & walls. Plus there are creepy cherubs holding skulls
I am sure that the vibe is eerie even during the day. You are not kidding about the cherubs, which look liable to dip their arrows in poison in preparation of the 14tho_O

This is the ?holy? skull of Saint Adalbert of Prague (not in Sedlec ossuary) but very cool

Just who was St. Adalbert and why is his head in Prague? | Naked Tour Guide
Magnificent display. That poor man sure had some rough luck:rolleyes:

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am sure that the vibe is eerie even during the day. You are not kidding about the cherubs, which look liable to dip their arrows in poison in preparation of the 14tho_O

Magnificent display. That poor man sure had some rough luck:rolleyes:
The first time we were in the Czech Republic ~ we drove to Brno to see the mummies at the Capuchin Crypt. Sadly, we didn't have the opportunity last summer. Here's a link to the crypt

·
Registered
394 Posts
Fantastic! Thanks for sharing those terrific pix! I've been to the catacombs under Paris, which is fascinating in it's own right, but that place looks mandatory! 🦇

·
It's pronounced "Fronkensteen."
551 Posts
Thank you very much for the information and Pics. Will have to put that on the bucket list. We will be in Poland this September and plan on visiting Kaplica Czaszek "The Skull Chapel" aka St. Bartholomew's Church in Klodzko.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Fantastic! Thanks for sharing those terrific pix! I've been to the catacombs under Paris, which is fascinating in it's own right, but that place looks mandatory! 🦇
I really hope I get there someday. Do you have any pictures?? I'd love to see them. ☠☠☠

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you very much for the information and Pics. Will have to put that on the bucket list. We will be in Poland this September and plan on visiting Kaplica Czaszek "The Skull Chapel" aka St. Bartholomew's Church in Klodzko.
OMG!!!!! Thank you so much for posting about The Skull Chapel!!!!! Please!!! Please!!! PLEASE!!! Share your photos when you visit in September. How did you find out about the church? ☠☠☠☠☠

Here's a link in case anyone is interested.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts