Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am in the market for an outdoor, dome, PTZ network camera. AXIS is a high end camera manufacturer and I have been looking seriously at their Q6032. There are outrageously expensive but to me they serve a dual purpose. They act as a deterrent for general security for my home, property, and haunt, and they could easily film my haunt every year.

Does anyone else use a camera to monitor or protect their home and haunt? Anyone as serious about high quality as I am in looking at the Axis? Anyone own one here?

·
Hauntless
8,374 Posts
Just starting the search now for a similar system. I also need it to record audio. Been using FlipVideo cameras but they are becoming unreliable, darn it. They used to work great for the haunt too. Now just thinking it would be better to get a security system type thing. Don't want to spend that much though (the forever lament of haunters, LOL!).

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
I'm into cctv and have an 8 channel system that I installed last summer. Still doing really well, through all kinds of weather. The thing with it is you can't go too cheap or you won't meet your ultimate objective- ID'ing a crook. A diy system such as the one I installed- plan on 1k to 1,300 and a ton of sweat equity. No cctv system that's cheap and goes up easy really helps you when you need it. Just like with halloween equipment, in cctv you get what you pay for. A PTZ camera can be a good idea, but the good ones are very expensive. Avoid the cheap ones on ebay- waste of money. Look into CNB, pelco, toshiba, and samsung for good analog ptz's. And get them from good reliable places because ptz's need servicing along the way. Their moving parts wear out over time.

I posted these vids here a while back on my system. Maybe it'll help others.

Here a vid of the the door cameras on halloween-

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Most people don't think they need a security system until it's too late, unfortunatley. And if you're a haunter, you're attracting attention you otherwise would not have at your residence.

For the diy'r, they are both hobbies really- although the cameras can be very useful. And it is very cool and fun to have both hobbies overlap on the 31st.

·
Funeral Crasher
7,449 Posts
I use a color, 4 camera system from Q-See that I bought on BJ's.com for around $300.00. Works great! Has night vision, but no sound. I can add sound though, if I want.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts