Halloween Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I miss Halloween already!
Had to post the videos from our Security Cameras at the house from this Halloween....didn't even think of them until I had friends over during Halloween and they were all laughing from inside the house when I came in to see what was so funny they were all standing in front of the security camera monitor a little 19" LCD screen laughing at the kids in the driveway and not watching the 110" movie in the same room.
So here it is.... the first minute is what the Tikes see when then arrive then the funny stuff starts all in order of time on the Security Cameras.
We get about 800 to 1200 each year have no idea how many come back over and over and we didn't count this year probably a little light due to the rain.

http://youtu.be/8nZ0AYjSW8U

Enjoy!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for noting the link was broken I fixed it!

The Monster in a box
1. Milwaukee Drill and wooden cog, cog pushes up a wooden dowel inserted

in a PVC plastic pipe to keep it from binding on anything see photo
2. PicoBoo 105 Controller (Has 2 AC plugs)
One for activating the drill for the lid and the second to activate the

air cannon valve
3. Air Cannon
4. Large Speakers
5. Bill Bowden LED Eye circuit I made 4 sets of red ping pong eyes that

fade in and fade out which make it look like the Monsters are moving

around in the box.
6. Fog Machine (I just use a small one in the box I think that one is a 400 watt)

Note: Ive added a much bigger Air Cannon since this photo I hated the honk so I built a newer model without the honk.

IMG_3085.jpg
IMG_3083.jpg
IMG_2884.jpg

I empty the guts out after Halloween and store all of my gravestones in

it during the year then stack props on top in the garage.

Trash Can Trauma
1. FrightProps Kit includes valve & fittings (Although I purchased an Air Cylinder that goes 16" inches)
2. PicoBoo Plus Controller
3. Strobe Light
4. "Uncle Creepy" Mask

I guess its pretty effective since one girl in the video makes a special effort to kick the can on her way out!

·
Registered
96 Posts
You are a bad man.........................and I mean that with the highest praise.

Thanks for sharing!

Lovely Day...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
On the PicoBoo I just did a very quick click of the button on programming the idle scene so the lid just popped for a split second about 40 seconds in.
I used my friends 6 yr old for a test when I completed the build.
The Trash can has Crusty the clown laughing in the can and the little pop of the lid almost made him pee his pants, the prop hadn't even been tripped yet.
He took off down the driveway towards his dads truck and was ready to leave.
I knew at that moment that the suspense (Lid pop) was more of a scare than the scare itself.
Thanks for asking!

·
Registered
387 Posts
Delightful!!! Please tell me that you're going to leave this link up all year long. Ahhhhhhh so much fun . . . you did good oh evil one!!! More!! More!!! More!!!! :D

GiggleingGhost

·
Registered
386 Posts
We operate props from the living room watching CCTV. We love it when victims do "the dance" thinking the props are motion activated. We let them dance forever and then when they give up we let them have it : - )

monitor.jpg

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Many years ago I did that at my dads house we had set up a C02 Fire Extinguisher pumpkin man in the driveway with a hose to the garage where I could peek out of a crack, waited for the tots to get real brave then when I heard them profess "You don't scare me!" I knew it was time to pull the handle. I didn't know little kids could actually fly until then! The C02 tank would roar and the C02 would shoot 6 feet out of each ear with a roar (Of course way over their heads) I guess all this is really my dads fault! Thanks Dad!

So I'm guessing some of your props are controlled by a remote wireless device or computer to be able to set them off at will?
(Now you have the wheels turning in my evil brain)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts