Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
...is up to no good
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else not gotten their package from their secret reaper and not heard from that person lately?

It's three days until Halloween and I'm getting a bit sad thinking of not getting a gift from my secret reaper. boo.

·
Registered
309 Posts
That really sucks, you guys. One of the reasons that I never signed up was because I thought I was too much of a newb, and I didn't want to be the one who forgot or became distracted and screwed somebody over.

Are there any rules to SR'ing? Like "must have at least 100 posts and have been active on the board for so and so months"? Or can just any new person waltz through the door and collect? And if you don't make good on your SR'ing, are you banned from doing it the next year, because in my humble opinion..they should be!

·
...is up to no good
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not sure if there are rules. I doubt it.

It seems like kind of an honor system sort of thing.

I am not really shocked or anything because I had to PM the person from whom I was supposed to get a gift and let them know that they were supposed to send me one. It just seemed odd from the get-go.

I have been having money issues so I let me secret reaper person know that I couldn't mail my gift until after Oct1 (supposed to send it out by the end of September) and she was completely fine with it.

I did a personal exchange with another HF member and I got that gift no problem...she was great, in fact.

I have PM'd and whatnot. I'm not sure what else to do, so I posted a thread.

I understand money issues or whatever but it's the lack of communication that is bothersome. I was actually told at one point to expect my gift "next week" but nothing ever came. It would also be different if the two of us were exchanging gifts together, since I could just not send theirs, but this person GOT a gift and then never sent mine. Since it was a chain, it hasn't worked out well for me. I sent mine out and never got one.

I'm just not sure what else I can do except just be happy to make the person who I sent my gift to happy.

boo.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Lame. I hope the package you sent to them got mixed up with another package in the mail and they only ended up getting a lump of coal. :D
Shame on you Evil Mel's secret reaper.
I hope I'm your secret reaper this next year, Mel. I can't wait to join it this year! :)

·
...is up to no good
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, that's the problem...since we did it like a chain I missed out.

Like this:
person 1 sends to person 2
person 2 sends to person 3
person 3 sends to person 4
person 4 sends to person 1, completing the chain.

If person 2 never sends to person 3, then 3 sends a gift and never receives one. Person 2 gets one but never sends one.

I was person 3...as was malibuman. SO we never got gifts, but we sent them and the people who were supposed to send them to us each received a gift but never sent one.

Lame.

·
Registered
823 Posts
i was new to this forum and i do not post as much as some people but without judging anybody a simple email to say listen i can't do that and i am sorry should have been simple (unless somebody are in a hospital or can't access a comp ) but i know myself i would find a way to ask a friend to email the person .
Anyway if somebody doesn't have a gift just pm me i would like to send a little something so they don't end up empty handed . the only thing is it will end up at your place after Halloween . just pm me and i will be happy to do something .

·
Registered
414 Posts
I too did a gift exchange with a fellow HF member and we stuck to our deadline of October 15th - we were both happy with our goodies. This is my third gift exchange and I haven't had a bad partner yet. Sorry to those who didn't have such a good reaper person.:(

Thanks again WinnieSanderson for a thoughtful, wonderful and truly inspiring gift package. :D

EvilMel - I'd love to be your partner next year!

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
I think my package is still on the boat from Canada to the US lol
But my reaper did keep me up to date on when and how she sent it, etc.
I'd be happy to send another small gift to someone who didn't receive one. I bought some stuff for next year's SR, so its no trouble at all lol OR there's alot of St Nick goodies in the store at the moment. Could send someone a yummy chocolate letter :)

MsM

·
Doomed to walk the earth
1,062 Posts
sorry that this may have happend to you . I had trouble getting my gifts out on time cuz of money..last year we only had 1 person get nothing..thankfully the mail is trying to get better and my gifts and my wifes to hers got there in days..I sent them out on last tuesday and they got there on friday saturday ..I hope the same is coming for you ...maybe just in time

·
Prince of Arkham Asylum
2,528 Posts
Evil, I'm so sorry to hear about this. It is totally lame. I personally didn't participate in SR because sometimes I just get so busy and I didn't want the added pressure of something like this hanging over me. I love to give people gifts, but I couldn't live with myself if I came up lame for someone like this person did for you. But at least I know that I might have had trouble and chose not to participate. Sometimes I wish I had participated, but maybe it was better that I didn't because I barely remember a free moment since the Halloween countdown clock hit 100 days. Again, I'm sorry this happened to you. :(

·
Vicious Dog Wrangler
1,012 Posts
I'm wondering if next year, maybe we should do a A sends to B and B sends back to A, instead of A sends to B, B sends to C and so on. It may add an element of personal accountability to the whole thing ya' know? I feel bad for all those who sent and didn't receive :-( For myself, I've done this a few times already and always have sent/received a SR gift. Another suggestion is to perhaps make the deadline come up sooner. People have a way of forgetting when it is months away. Just a few thoughts.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I am sorry to hear that. I have only been on the forum for a month and didn't know about SR until too late but I will definitely be participating next year and will not be one to flake out. I have already collected a few things for next year's gift.

·
The Halloween King
626 Posts
I haven't heard from my SR in a while either. Last i heard he was busy and was trying to send it out, but he's not been online since then so i assume all is a bit too hectic. Ah well.

The thing that probably bothers me more is the person who i sent my gift too never even contacted me to say thanks, or anything. Wasn't that communicative during the process tbh but ah well.

Don't think i'll do it next year. I'll stick to the card exchange.

·
I'll get you my pretty!
550 Posts
I'm wondering if next year, maybe we should do a A sends to B and B sends back to A, instead of A sends to B, B sends to C and so on. It may add an element of personal accountability to the whole thing ya' know? I feel bad for all those who sent and didn't receive :-( For myself, I've done this a few times already and always have sent/received a SR gift. Another suggestion is to perhaps make the deadline come up sooner. People have a way of forgetting when it is months away. Just a few thoughts.
although this takes the 'secret' bit out - i think this may be a better idea. seeing the reaps from this year - they have been fantabulous! (awesome is such an american word :rolleyes:)

·
I'll get you my pretty!
550 Posts
I haven't heard from my SR in a while either. Last i heard he was busy and was trying to send it out, but he's not been online since then so i assume all is a bit too hectic. Ah well.

The thing that probably bothers me more is the person who i sent my gift too never even contacted me to say thanks, or anything. Wasn't that communicative during the process tbh but ah well.

Don't think i'll do it next year. I'll stick to the card exchange.
that is such a shame. how hard would it be to send a thank you for a gift? :mad: i would love to take part - but to be honest - the price of the gifts don't put me off - it's the postage that will make me say no again next year.

·
Reaper Guardian
2,041 Posts
How active is this board in the off season?

Fairly active, though of course nowhere near as active as it is now. The new posts for a day generally stay on one page, instead of stretching to 3 :D

Sorry some folks flaked.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts