Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 206 Posts

·
Registered
6,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Secret Reapers and potential victims!!! Last year about this time I hosted a zany ONE ITEM Secret Reaper exchange with some wacky rules including a dead set price cap. The idea was to do a fast turnaround swap with some different twists and turns. I have had several PM me asking if we could do it again. So here it is.

Today is the shipping deadline for the latest regular SR so hopefully people will see this and sign-up since the sign-up time is relatively short.

Sign-up will be today, Feb. 22 through Feb. 29! Yes, folks there really are 29 days this February and that is next Monday at midnight Central Time. So LEAP on in and join us. All you have to do is agree to making, crafting, repurposing or buying ONE ITEM only for your victim with the cost no more than $17. Let's keep to the rules folks.

Some of us have an extensive stash of items that we have found or made cheap and sometimes go overboard on the bigger Secret Reapers but this one is meant to be fast, exact and ONLY ONE ITEM!!!! No exceptions!

If you are joining, PM me your name, mailing address and a list of items that you could use. This can be the long detailed lists that most of us have that includes our wish lists, themes or other things to help your SR get to know your wants. Truly the more info that your SR has the better they can find that ONE perfect item for this exchange. If you prefer an Easter item instead of Halloween, let your Reaper know. Easter is on March 27 this year so it would be cutting it close if they mail right at the deadline. Remember this is for ONE ITEM ONLY.

Shipping deadline will be Thursday, March 17--St. Patrick's Day. Easy to remember---right? Don't mess around and make the Leprechaun mad by not meeting the deadline. He will make sure that you never find that pot of gold.

·
Somewhat Eccentric
2,278 Posts
I'd love to but I'm physically drained right now and don't think I would make a very good reaper. Of course there is still six days left and I'm not leaving until the 14th so I could pull it off if I found a sudden burst of energy before the sign-up deadline. :)

·
Spider Maven
1,469 Posts
hmmmmmm....... need to noodle this one a bit.

Reactions: printersdevil

·
Far Away Eyes
3,354 Posts
I thoroughly enjoyed this one last year - it is really a fun challenge to come up with one item and keep to the budget. Everyone came up with such creative ideas last time. Really fun !

·
Registered
6,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Come join the fun! There are three of us in so far with info sent. Several others have said they are joining---don't forget to send your info to me. Since this is a quick SR, go ahead and post your likes and dislikes things on this thread so we don't have too many going. We can use this to sign=up and post lists from now through Monday, Feb. 29 and we will continue with this one for the discussion up to shipping. I will then start a picture thread to show off things.

·
Far Away Eyes
3,354 Posts
Our outdoor theme this year is: A Halloween Concert Featuring The Rolling Bones. So maybe an item using the Rolling Stones lips logo, or the Brittish flag. I also add to our Mad Lab and Museum of Curiosities every year indoors.

·
Margarita Goddess
5,440 Posts
Undecided.

·
Registered
6,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wooo hooo we have 5 officilly signed up and Lists sent to me already. Four more have said they are joining and several more thinking about it. Come on and join the fun!!!!

·
Registered
6,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Here is my list:
I would love to add things in several key areas including spell books. They don’t have to open or display the spells although that type would be fine, too. I have several like this and would love to have an assortment of books to display like on shelves or mantles with all things witchy from potions to spells to plant info, etc. I would love some that look like witch or wizard textbooks, spellbooks, how tos, or just anything to do with witches, warlocks, wizards, or fortune tellers or things that relate to them. I love homemade, old books with spooky names and covers or real books. If you are crafty this would be easy and fun and I would treasure an item like this.
I would also love to add more voodoo things to my Haunt. This could be anything since I don’t have a lot in this area. If you are crafty, please use your imagination. I will have a display area that is Marie LaVeau’s House of Voodoo. I have the sign and inside will feature things that might be available in that shop. I have Oriental Trading Company’s Madam Misery that is one of my favorite props and I also have many homemade fortune tellers, so anything for them would be great.
Anything witchy, wizardy or for fortune tellers would make my heart go pitter patter. Heck, who am I kidding any Halloween anything would make me happy!!!

Edited to add: In case you sew my Reaper and want to take on this huge challenge---at least to me since I don't sew or work well with material---I would love to have a sort of big collar or short cloak type that is adorned with leaves and vines. I am working on a costume for Professor Sprout from Harry Potter and have found an appropriate dress, but really need/want this to go over it. It could even be just the leaves to make a collar. You can see what I mean by looking at photos of her in my Pintrest board Mandrakes and Professor Sprout or just a Google search for her. I am not picky of how one is done. I am a Plus in 3X so the shoulder span would need to be BIG. lol. I am going to a Harry Potter 50th birthday party in April and hoping to be Prof. Sprout. Since I am having surgery in two weeks, I am not sure if I can pull this off since I need this. So, if you have magic fingers and sew this would be great!!! Or even a brown/tan witches hat with leaves for the Professor or something for her to carry or use.

Or something to do with crystals. I have this new fascination with crystals and don't have any.

1 - 20 of 206 Posts