Halloween Forum banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Reaper Queen
8,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Wow ...sign ups start in about 2 and 1/2 weeks!!:oops:;):cool:. Lets get ready... I need to get the bushes ready for social distancing!!!!
I checked last years dates.....its coming real soon!

·
Registered
656 Posts
Wow ...sign ups start in about 2 and 1/2 weeks!!:oops:;):cool:. Lets get ready... I need to get the bushes ready for social distancing!!!!
I checked last years dates.....its coming real soon!
SO excited!! I know WitchyKitty has been busy sewing masks for the gerbils. Lets do this!
On a side not to your other post...I hadn't thought about if you got sick. I very much hope that does not happen! Regardless of the reaper! But if you are concerned and want a backup (Assistant to the Reaper Queen on standby) I would be happy to volunteer. While nobody can fill your shoes...I would be at the ready should you need to send me the official list for me to keep track of reaps that had been sent etc. The offer is sincere but I am sticking with the firm belief that our Reaper Queen is not going to get sick!! Something HAS to go right in 2020 and I think the Reaper is it!

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
6,670 Posts
I hope these will work! In hindsight, I should've made the Ninja Gerbil masks black...maybe they can wear them under their ninja face coverings? They should be fine in the white color while for while they are just hanging around the pool before they get their mission orders, at least...
My fingers are gonna hurt making a bunch more of these tiny masks! I had to make the elastic large to reach up and around their ears...I normally make face fitted shaped masks, but thought the pleated style would work better for the gerbils face shapes.
(I'll post it, again, once the SR sign ups officially start, so everyone else can see it and the Ninja Gerbils can see if they will like them or not.) I added the rendering I made of the Ninja Gerbils...soooo many years ago.

·
Goats EAT Great Pumpkins
880 Posts
Oh sure... Ninja gerbils get protective masks that fit them just fine. Me? I can't seem to find one that doesn't fit so tightly that it pulls my ears forward enough to make me look like Dumbo out for a stroll.
My husband’s head is so large that I had to come to with a new pattern for him. And I’m in a child-sized mask (teeny head). Where’s the “one-size” type?!?!

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
6,670 Posts
I have made over 70 masks, so far...I made a pleated one for my mom, as that's what she wanted, but the rest I made the face formed style that I make in 4 different sizes. Due to so many not liking the things that go around the ears, I made all of mine with thin ribbon ties, instead, like a friend of mine does, too. Two ties tie above the ears wherever is comfy and the bottom ties tie behind the neck/base of head, under the ears. The ties make the masks fit all head and face sizes much easier, too, without having those ear straps pull too tight or be too loose.
One of my husband's work buddies came up with taking one of those plastic toggle things from off of a coat and putting all four ties through it and just locking them down behind the head. That was genius! No tying needed!
The other good thing about the kind I make with ties is that you can just pull them down (the top ties from over your ears) and let them hang, still tied, around your neck when you are driving from store to store or walking around or such, and not have to worry about losing them, holding them, ect. and you can just pull them back up when needed.

I figured the pleated style would fit best for the gerbils, though.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Thanks! It was too small to sew on my machine, so I had to do it by hand...hope it fits them if they end up needing them!
Gerbils are currently not known carriers of Covid-19. I am sure most of them would laud it over us, but those involved with the Secret Reapers would more than likely don a mask in solidarity to all of those who do so to protect others. Would that humans in general would find it such an easy thing to do on behalf of their fellow humans. We now begin to patiently wait for the Secret Reaper announcements. :)

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
6,670 Posts
Does this mean I can't bring my usual baked goods to the bushes, this year?? Having MS and being on meds for it, I have been having to be being pretty diligent on staying home or staying safe as possible if I do have to go out...so I'm pretty sure I'm Covid free, but you never know. Do I need to buy a Hazmat suit to wear while baking and then individually seal each baked good in clean, brand new out of the box baggies/plastic wrap or sterilized containers? This could get complicated...might have to skip baked goods, this year...

{{The gerbils are giving me looks of horror on hearing news of possibly having no fresh baked goods...some are fainting...}} I'm sure they will survive as long as the bar is still fully stocked. We can always order contactless delivery pizza...

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Been stalking Pinterest for any ideas I may need to my victim. I hate this part. The waiting, the wondering.
I guess we're weird. We have only done one reaping, so maybe the addictive qualities have yet to set in. But we are very content to wait to see who our victim is and find out what they hope to receive. It is only then that our joy is manifest. The slow torture of the lengthy reveals, the agonizing of the victim as they try to figure out what the teaser photos might be; there is our bliss.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts