Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Reaper Queen
8,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's getting that time of year again when we start thinking of the sign ups for the Main reaper,, it usually starts sign ups in July. I am just curious about opinions about keeping the status quo and plan on doing reaper as usual. let me know about your ideas on it. As for me I think we ought to keep it the same but am open to others thoughts!!!

1,288 Posts
We're all for keeping it the same old same old. I held the Walpurgis card exchange and now doing the sign ups for the Red White and Dead card exchange. Only issue I've had with the Walpurgis/Beltane exchange was overseas mail to France. It's been beyond SLOW... and there hasn't been as many members joining in as in past years.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,833 Posts
I'm ok with business as usual for the SR.

We're all getting packages in the mail from Amazon, Etsy, Ebay through the USPS, UPS, FedEx, etc. now so unless you're ill with anything transmittable by surface come the time to mail things out, everyone should be OK.

And if you don't feel safe you can live vicariously in the threads.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Question: Is the 2nd round of Reaper on a a little smaller scale? I want to join but I am NOT a crafter and currently working two peoples jobs, thanks to Covid, so I worry I would not have the time to do a full-fledged effort that I would like to. I also don't have access to all the cool stuff I used to. If the 2nd round is a little more low-key I will wait it out and join in then. Thanks.

·
Goats EAT Great Pumpkins
880 Posts
Question: Is the 2nd round of Reaper on a a little smaller scale? I want to join but I am NOT a crafter and currently working two peoples jobs, thanks to Covid, so I worry I would not have the time to do a full-fledged effort that I would like to. I also don't have access to all the cool stuff I used to. If the 2nd round is a little more low-key I will wait it out and join in then. Thanks.
There are definitely fewer that participate, but the $20 minimum is the same in both reapers, and the second reaper tends to be on a smaller timeframe. I prefer the 2nd reaper most years because it does feel less overwhelming, but there’s no pressure in either. If it’s your first year and you’re nervous, definitely wait... but if you’re the type that likes to dive into things, do it! There’s no way you won’t have fun!

·
Registered
488 Posts
There are definitely fewer that participate, but the $20 minimum is the same in both reapers, and the second reaper tends to be on a smaller timeframe. I prefer the 2nd reaper most years because it does feel less overwhelming, but there’s no pressure in either. If it’s your first year and you’re nervous, definitely wait... but if you’re the type that likes to dive into things, do it! There’s no way you won’t have fun!
Thanks for the response. I did it last year and really enjoyed it. The $20 is absolutely not an issue, but the time and attention is at this moment in time. I think the best for me is sit out the 1st round and then see how things are when/if round two come around. Thanks again!

·
Super Moderator
5,735 Posts
I normally only join the mini reapers, especially the spring one we've understandably missed this year, and usually only when there's something on my project list that's a little outside my comfort zone. Even then I usually feel a little in over my head (more because my typical projects are a little challenging to ship).

For those of us maybe not up to speed on what the status quo is, perhaps a refresher on that might be in order. I recently stumbled on some failed bigfoot footprint casts from a previous reaper project and it brought back some fond memories of the neighbors actually believing I had a bigfoot wandering around the garden.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I agree that it should be kept the same. Right now the world feels insane so let’s keep the SR the way it has always been for a much needed sense of normalcy. Last year was my first year and I am looking forward to joining again.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I also think we should keep it the same. Looking forward to it, not sure what to expect in terms of available Halloween items this year but we can make it work!

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,833 Posts
Newbie here.... What is this that we are discussing? Sound very interesting.
This is our version of Secret Santa only since it's the Halloween Forum it's Secret Reaper.

You send your name, address, if you'll send overseas or not (that might be in question this year too depending on the virus status at the time), your lists of interests, loves, hates, themes, etc. usually to Bethene, by a certain date. Then she will toss them into a hat & match us up.

She'll send you your "Victim" & their list. You make, buy, repurpose, re-gift, whatever you can from your "Victim's" list within the minimum, which is usually $20, & send it off by a certain date, then send Bethene the tracking info.

Some go all out crafting, some buy, some do both. I tend to do both, craft & buy, but can't say I've done it every time.

Here's last year's thread for the "Big Reaper" which is usually done before Halloween:

Here's the likes & dislikes thread for that Reaper:

Here's the pic & teaser thread. Some Reapers will torture their victims with little things, pics, cards, small presents hinting at the bigger stuff. It's not required so don't feel pressured to take part in the teaser stuff, but please post pics of your stuff when you get it so we can all drool & oooh & ahhh over it.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts