Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been fixing a nice latex/foam head that I bought. It was this garish yellow that looked horribly fake.

Doing some good skin tones on it and making the skull white BUT will need to seal it. Whatever the material is that I am painting over the paint is making a easily peelable skin. I got the paints from Monster Makers.

Any suggestions on a seal that will work? I can live with redoing it next year, just want it to look okay and hold up this year. Oh, and store it without it sticking to everything it touches.

I am way behind schedule....and this little prop may get tossed aside if I can't get a decent fix (grumble).

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have been fixing a nice latex/foam head that I bought. It was this garish yellow that looked horribly fake.

Doing some good skin tones on it and making the skull white BUT will need to seal it. Whatever the material is that I am painting over the paint is making a easily peelable skin. I got the paints from Monster Makers.

Any suggestions on a seal that will work? I can live with redoing it next year, just want it to look okay and hold up this year. Oh, and store it without it sticking to everything it touches.

I am way behind schedule....and this little prop may get tossed aside if I can't get a decent fix (grumble).
Monster Makers Perma-Wet is a very flexible clear coat. Monster Makers is only like 20 minutes form my house, so I just go and pick up everything we need. Good people over there too.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sealing

I thought of using the perma-wet but was trying to avoid the flesh of the hed looking wet. I was hoping for some good contrast between the ripped flesh/bloody stump area being wet and the skin having that dead/dry look.

I may have to try a clear coat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts