Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Plan to do a haunted sea harbor with a store call Sea Hag's. Want to have all nautical / sea related items in potions, lotions, spells and charms. Can anyone please make any suggestions on what all to have in the store or what to label the bottles?

The harbor will have another store that will sell female pirate hats and clothing. Thought about calling it The Captains Daughter. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Reaper Queen
8,628 Posts
I made a potion bottle that said swamp monster blood, made it out of dollar store shampoo and food coloring,in a fancy bottle. you could so something like that, or have ink from a squid, , mermaid hair, mermaid scales, and use sequins, . will give this more thought, very interesting idea, what fun it will be !~ oh, and white glitter and call it crushed sea shells,

·
Ghouls Rule
2,589 Posts
aye, this be a cool idea! yarr! lol :3 I love all of Bethenes ideas and I even have the mermaid hair one. I had gold decorating strands from christmas I pushd into some vials. Looks neat. I also cut up one of those grow in water octopuses legs off and put in a whiskey bottle. Then theres the hotglue strips I made and put into GID water tinted blue for jellyfish stingers.

Maybe you could do oil of EEL and get green or yellow liquid soap in a bottle. Shark teethin a jar and sand from the forbidden beach in a vial. Maybe black sand? Red sand for Bloody Sand? Some random pieces of clothing like a boot and a hat or something and have it in a crate labeled, for Davy Jones' locker. Or even black or red hairs in a vial called Davy Jones's beard?

·
Wild Fandango
1,494 Posts
Ambergris

A jar of tongues labeled "Dead Mens' Tales"

Fish eggs

Mermaid's Purse (a shark's egg case)

Various seaweeds labeled with arcane uses.

Sea cucumbers

Sea snake venom

Narwhal horn

Black pearls

Whale milk

·
Registered
50 Posts
I love the whale milk!!!!! Elmers glue would work for that one. The dollar store or resale shops always have cheap bottles.. I think b put Nemo in a bottle.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Mermaid's voice/essence- think The Little Mermaid :p

Like the idea of having something along the lines of Davy Jones Locker.... a chest with a skulls of the dead sailors maybe? Jars covered in barnicles or seaweed.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Love all the ideas! Thank you so much!
Need some animation or a way to make it interactive. The little ones love the things that move or do things. Any suggestions?

Bought some of those grow in water things. The mermaid did well, the pirate not so much.
Caress has a body wash out there that to me looks like thick blood, plan to get some of that too.
Has anyone ever made a shell that opens and closes? Maybe have a posessed mini mermaid or a flameless candle that resembles a pearl (changes colors) inside. Or maybe a hand that reaches out and grabs for them.

Really out of my element here, used to doing only pirates. This will be a challenge. Thanks again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts