Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Hauntless
8,374 Posts
Wow, this looks like great mache recipe! Very smooth.... How strong is it after drying?

By the way, the video is so well-produced! Easy to follow and entertaining. What video camera did you use? I love how it focuses on close-up shots easily.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you!

The clay is extremely strong! You wouldn't think so but it is, I have put it on mannequins, latex, Styrofoam, and it really sticks well and doesn't fall apart. I will do a tutorial soon about the actual sculpting part.

I use a panasonic tm700, and I am super happy with it, I have gone through other higher quality cameras and this one is really good. I use a H2 zoom for the audio recording, which works well for us.

·
Registered
775 Posts
This is an outstanding tutorial..

I also use clay and/or mache to make my things.. I do not know that much about molds, so I just make one of a kind pieces out of the clay/mache and paint them.

I thought I was somewhat alone in this..lol.. It seems like most people use the clay sculpt for a mold only, then paint a foam rubber or latex piece for the final product...

Please post some of you clay sculptures...:)

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Wow that is an easy tutorial will you show how you make the clown head he is my favorite he is creepy.

·
Registered
854 Posts
HIY - thanks for the tutorial. A picture is worth a 1000 words. Got one more question for you, are the teeth in your props hot glue? - HM

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I found the two things that make a prop look realistic is the eyes and teeh, originally I was going to buy the dental distortions teeth with are $25 at MHC but I bought costume teeth at wal-mart for just over $1.00 and glued them into the sculpture. Then you paint them to the color you want. I also bought joke teeth from the dollar store that worked really well too. I use hot glue to make saliva dripping or I paint the hot glue with perma blood which makes it look like blood is dripping.

HIY Productions

·
Registered
90 Posts
Wow, very simple but good stuff. I like it! Will deffenitly have to try this, it'll be perfect ^_^ Thanks for posting this, hope to see more from you.

·
Reaper Queen
8,819 Posts
great tutorial, great idea for the sculpting clay, I use clay mache and paper clay, but this looks interesting and very in expensive! - does it smooth on well, and can it be used to, just say, make wrinkles in the face, etc? thanks for posting this!

·
Registered
353 Posts
This looks great. I am going to try it this afternoon. I think if you leave it in the frig you may be able to keep it up to a week. I'll let you know how it goes.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts