Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
This is my next project for next year. Been researching it pretty heavily lately. There are many tutorials on building the scissor mechanism with aluminum bar and pneumatics. However getting the prop to shake back and forth is another story. If you do a google search for pneumatic scissor halloween prop you will find what your looking for. Post pics of your build as I plan on too. Might be able to get some good brainstorming going on this one.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I keep wondering if there is a way to do this without the scissor mech...something less obvious...

·
Registered
168 Posts
Think
This is my next project for next year. Been researching it pretty heavily lately. There are many tutorials on building the scissor mechanism with aluminum bar and pneumatics. However getting the prop to shake back and forth is another story. If you do a google search for pneumatic scissor halloween prop you will find what your looking for. Post pics of your build as I plan on too. Might be able to get some good brainstorming going on this one.
Thinking about building this for 2020 but with a scarecrow. Looks like it might use at least 3 pneumatic cylinders.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Think

Thinking about building this for 2020 but with a scarecrow. Looks like it might use at least 3 pneumatic cylinders.
Here's the pneumatic Scarecrow I built a couple years ago. It's a 4-bar mechanism with 3 cylinders. He leaps out 5' and up 3'.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
That’s awesome J! Did you use a scissor mechanism or a long throw cylinder?
Hey thanks! No scissor, it's a 4-bar mech. One 1-1/2" bore 12" stroke cylinder does the lifting. 2 smaller cylinders for the arm movement. That's why I posted this, you don't need a scissor to get a lot of movement. The 4-bar mech is also much more inconspicuous than a scissor. When retracted, it's completely folded and only takes up about 4". When he leaps out at you, you can't even see it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts