Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are nothing special but since i just finished building them i figured why not.

Built from ScareFXs plans http://64.226.23.133/woodycarr/scarefx/project_coffin_2.html

Parts list (per coffin) ( Pricing in CAD)
15 x 1"x6"x6' Fence Boards 2.50 a piece = 37.50
1 lbs of 1.25" floor screws -$4.99 lbs
4 x Chest Pulls - $5.00 each = $20.00 (Used on one coffin)
4 x Ring Pulls - $3.00 Each = $12.00 ( Used on other coffin)

Total for 1 Coffin - $62.50
Total for Other - $54.49

Pics of the Build

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually thats a great thought to age the handles. Hadn't really given it much thought but I think thats a great idea to give it some extra ummff..

Actually yes they are his and hers so to speak. lol.. some people looked at me strange when they asked what i did on the weekend and i said built the wife a coffin ..

·
Dead and loving it.
1,620 Posts
Those look really good.

Great job. :D

I don't know if this would help but if you load the pics into Paint on your computer, you can edit the size by going to Edit and click on Select All then go to Image and Stretch/Skew. You can cut the horizontal and vertical by 50% and that should make the size more manageable.

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah i usually just resize them in Photoshop but i got lazy and just wanted to get them posted since i liked the way the aging turned out..

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks i am happy how they turned out. I think the sand is actually the thing that had the most impact because before i added the sand to give it some texture it just didn't look as good. The sand just finished it

·
Registered
83 Posts
Excellently done. Yeah those re-done handles really set the whole thing off. Now get a bucky and and old wedding dress and fill up "hers". :p

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I love it. What did you use to age the handles?
The aging process is simply spray paint and sand.

I started with a base coat of a gloss black paint then did an overspray of red oxide primer , sprinkled some sand onto the handles while the paint was wet and then did a light overspray with bronze , black and red oxide again until i had he look i was looking for. I have to say it turned out better than i had expected it to ..

Until i added the sand it just didnt have the umff that i was looking for it . i think the sand just gave it the texture of rust to make it more believable.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I think the only reason i thought about it actually was because i was in the process of the honey do list of spring time chores and was actually grinding rust off the fire pit so i had a bunch of rust particles on the ground so i really had a feel for the texture and then there was some sand left in a bucket from firing fireworks off last year and i just kinda figure i would give it a try with great results :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts