Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SCREAM! Coming Soon To Spirit Halloween -

Scream Ghost Face
Life Size, Head turns side to side, eyes light up white, slashing arm motion, body turns side to side, Speaks actual movie phrases, Optional plug-in phone activation, Sound and motion activated. Phone included. Includes AC/DC adapter

$249.99

The phone (included) is similar to the Spirit Halloween "Try Me" button. It has a motion sensor on the front. As the person walks by it the phone rings. When you pick up the phone the prop begins to talk and move. (You can not speak into the phone).

There is not yet any more information. This will be in the Spirit Halloween 2011 product lineup.

·
Banned
3,040 Posts
hmm? The phone is an interesting concept. Does it act as a microphone? Can you get DSL service through him? Cool design.
OK, the all important question...Who makes it?

·
Premium Member
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have to add one correction (and will update the post)

The phone IS included with the prop.

·
Banned
3,040 Posts
I have to add one correction (and will update the post)

The phone IS included with the prop.

I guess that makes more sense! Thanks for the update.

Hey Larry,
Can you tell who manufacturers this guy? The base is distinctly old style Gemmy
but I didn't think Gemmy was producing a "GhostFace" due to
licensing being bought by another company.

·
Registered
14,263 Posts
The phone aspect adds an interesting twist to it. I'll be very interested to see the prop set up in Spirit Halloween this year. Curious how they will work it into the setting.

I wonder how long the phone line is or if you can easily extend it if you want a longer line. I could see having a small table, in a very dimly lit area, with a phone on it set up for the ToTers to pass by. A sensor as they approach makes the phone ring. They go to answer it, and a secondary motion-triggered (user supplied) for a lighting control with a delay (to allow time for the phone to ring and get answered) kicks in and now you see the ghost face prop with the knife. The light sensored trigger should be easy enough of a circuit to create. I think the effect would be really cool.

·
Premium Member
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No idea of the manufacturer. I know that they use multiple companies now.

Spirit does not reveal their manufacturers. It looks like they have stepped up though. I am diggin it.
I guess that makes more sense! Thanks for the update.

Hey Larry,
Can you tell who manufacturers this guy? The base is distinctly old style Gemmy
but I didn't think Gemmy was producing a "GhostFace" due to
licensing being bought by another company.

·
Banned
3,040 Posts
No idea of the manufacturer. I know that they use multiple companies now.

Spirit does not reveal their manufacturers. It looks like they have stepped up though. I am diggin it.
They do in the product's web address. But seeing as how it isn't live on the site yet..no way of knowing. Looking forward to seeing this one in action.
The phone aspect is really interesting! I wonder if it's just a microphone, or if it interacts with the user.

It would be neat if the phone rang, person answers it, and then Ghostface animates to the phone call.
For $250 it would be worth the interactivity. If the phone is just a themed microphone...then $250 seems a tad much.

We'll see.

·
Registered
189 Posts
this is what spirit says about the phone " The phone (included) is similar to the Spirit Halloween "Try Me" button. It has a motion sensor on the front. As the person walks by it the phone rings. When you pick up the phone the prop begins to talk and move. (You can not speak into the phone)."

·
Banned
3,040 Posts
this is what spirit says about the phone " The phone (included) is similar to the Spirit Halloween "Try Me" button. It has a motion sensor on the front. As the person walks by it the phone rings. When you pick up the phone the prop begins to talk and move. (You can not speak into the phone)."
Sounds like a novel concept then! Looking forward to seeing it action.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
on the spirit halloween facebook page it said the phone is NOT included

here is the description on the FB page :
Scream Ghost Face -
It is Time to SCREAM! Coming Soon To Spirit Halloween -
Life Size, Head turns side to side, eyes light up white, slashing arm motion, body turns side to side, Speaks actual movie phrases, Optional plug-in phone activation, Sound and motion activated. Phone not included. Includes AC/DC adapter / Only $249.99

·
Registered
189 Posts
it IS included on the facebook page it first says it is not included then they posted a correction and said it is included here is what they said

Scream Ghost Face -
Life Size, Head turns side to side, eyes light up white, slashing arm motion, body turns side to side, Speaks actual movie phrases, Optional plug-in phone activation, Sound and motion activated. Phone not included. Includes AC/DC adapter / Only $249.99

then here is the correction

Correction: The phone is included with this prop. We are very excited about this prop. Thanks.

The phone (included) is similar to the Spirit Halloween "Try Me" button. It has a motion sensor on the front. As the person walks by it the phone rings. When you pick up the phone the prop begins to talk and move. (You can not speak into the phone).

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
it IS included on the facebook page it first says it is not included then they posted a correction and said it is included here is what they said

Scream Ghost Face -

then here is the correction

Correction: The phone is included with this prop. We are very excited about this prop. Thanks.

thanks i had not seen that ;)

·
Read Only
342 Posts
I really like this. I think the actual item will vary slightly from the photo like they always do, but I think that this has definitely captured the kind of mournful expression the mask has. I also think that the phone adds a unique extra that we haven't seen before.

I think this will be like the original RZ Myers in terms of availabilty because by the end of September my Spirit had sold out of him and had already started a waiting list. If Spirit does the coupon thing again this year (20% off single item) than this would be a good deal and is sure to sell out quickly.

·
Premium Member
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
There is another video that will be posted at a later date that shows a bit better I think.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts