Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LIFESIZE BAT BAR - HORROR HALLOWEEN PROP DISPLAY PARTY - eBay (item 320415946902 end time Sep-23-09 11:27:33 PDT) Just a heads up, I had a hunch from the Paper Factory thread on here and remembered a few years ago that PC had some. Ask the clerk he said he had one left in the back stock room. Rang up on clearance $15 reg. $ 149 on receipt ($250 on scam-bay).I'm so happy !!! If you guys look for one be sure to have them check the back stock room it is an older item.
E-BAY ITEM INFO HERE.......>>>>>LIFESIZE BAT BAR - HORROR HALLOWEEN PROP DISPLAY PARTY - eBay (item 320415946902 end time Sep-23-09 11:27:33 PDT)

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks again.......made my shopping season thats for sure

BOZZ!!!! Whats the upc number so I can call around, I dont want to confuse the employees ;)
Ok KV , I got it.....here ya go.......BAT BAR model # 5124069........UPC # 841493041176.........their are a couple real small #'s too not sure if ya need them. Good Luck.......hope ya score ))))))))))

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
Geeze I wonder if I bought mine a couple of days too soon...mine was $30 :(
It is worth it tho' and has got us thinking of new designs to make for a friend.
Is your coffin brown like it shows on the box? Mine is black.

·
Registered
14,095 Posts
I've been thinking about your Bat Bars. While I would have no where to put one I do like the idea of the coffin as the bar furniture. If I had the room, I would probably go looking for one too. I also like the fact that it's constructed of wood. I originally figured it for cardboard. How heavy was the box for it?

Now if it were mine, I think I would take down the "Bat Bar" sign and instead hang the BIG LOTS Dracula's Pub lit sign in it's place.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok, I'm up......sure not getting much sleep this time of year...too much excitement....ha ! I have not open up my box to see what color it is yet,but I'll report when I do. GOS, thanks for the kind words I mention elsewhere even a blind squirrel like me finds a gold nut every now and then.....;). Its not very heavy maybe 20 lbs. Oh DITG, somebody on e-bay will pay at least $250 for it........happens all the time on there.I sure hope somebody else scores one, may have to hunt a bit like the ST at HG's but it will be well worth the hunt if ya love the hunt like I do !!!

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My Mummy Bar..............

I've been thinking about your Bat Bars. While I would have no where to put one I do like the idea of the coffin as the bar furniture. If I had the room, I would probably go looking for one too. I also like the fact that it's constructed of wood. I originally figured it for cardboard. How heavy was the box for it?

Now if it were mine, I think I would take down the "Bat Bar" sign and instead hang the BIG LOTS Dracula's Pub lit sign in it's place.
I think you'll like this idea, I'm gonna set it up in the garage and hand out candy from it and on the front gonna put that other PC score ($6.50) on it.........the 3- D talking mummy so as kids walk up to it to get candy the mummy has the final say.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally Posted by Deadna

Originally Posted by Deadna
My store(Paper Factory) got another shipment in of the batbars and they are still 30 bucks here. Make sure and ask for them people because they were hidden in the stockroom!

Cool..... good news !!! I cannot find a link for the Paper Factory ?!?! Do they have a web page and store locator ????

·
Registered
14,095 Posts
I think you'll like this idea, I'm gonna set it up in the garage and hand out candy from it and on the front gonna put that other PC score ($6.50) on it.........the 3- D talking mummy so as kids walk up to it to get candy the mummy has the final say.

Bozz, that is so funny you posted this because today I got the urge to go looking for one. No luck so far. The manager at a Paper Outlet I stopped at (they're part of the Paper Factory/Party City/Party America family of companies) told me she remembered it in the store last year. And I'm pretty sure when I was in the store before Xmas I saw it built and on display. It was so unique and unexpected it was hard not to notice. Anyway none left. Called a few other stores (Party City, we have a few of these in our area) and no luck. One guy definitely remembered it and said yeah he thought it was cool. He also went and checked in the back and gave me a few suggestions of where to check next. Still no luck. BTW when they checked by UPC they said it wasn't coming up. I was wondering what your register receipt showed when they rang it up. Could you check for me? They said the UPC code might have changed and that's why it didn't show up in their computer system. Anyway now I've got my mind set on finding it, it frustrates me it's so hard to locate.

As far as where to put it, I had come up with a similar idea as you. I got the news this week from our contractor who's been doing some work in our kitchen and getting ready to put some new flooring in our downstairs that he won't be done before Halloween and the fact that we will still have a port-o-potty on our walkway near our front door is annoying me to no end. Don't know where the kids will walk and don't want a hundred or more kids walking through the grass to get to the front door. Needless to say this is going to play all kinds of havoc with my haunt plans. Our garage is full of construction equipment and stuff and will also be unusable. I'm running out of options. So my thought was scale back and use the driveway to hand out candy and decorate whatever yard I can around it. I might need long johns if gets too cold and windy! I thought the Bat Bar would be great to use as a handing out station. Thought I would dress up in a vampiress costume maybe and use the Dracula Bar sign from Big Lots. I have other gothic decorations I could use and work something up with the other bats I have already (including the Walgreens bat). So really starting to like the idea and now can't find the Bat Bar! Last recourse would be to build something like it. But whether it was $15 or $30, ready made and out of the box sounded so much better! BTW I like your idea for using the Haunted Frame. Should get some laughs out of it for sure.

We are definitely of like mind and have similar tastes in halloween!!

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes we are and great minds think alike.....;) .BY sounds of it you are on a great hunt and good things come to those that persist. I've really enjoy and been motivated in my searches with your photo libary you post from time to time, it certainly saves us all a lot of time shopping and enables us to target specific items only ! Thank you again.......now on to business I have many new #'s on my receipt so here goes ; tran code: 74c0g1k005029j.....barcode; 74c0g1k05029j.....1 item 414050003557 Hope this helps and not sure what all these #'s are and hopefully not too confusing. Please keep me posted and I think you'll find one.

·
Ghouls Rule
2,616 Posts
I would pay to have someone buy me and ship me one if extras are to be had :) I called every store within a 50 mile radius and most said they never even got em in. The UPC I was using also said no stock, but it was definatley coming up and the employee could see there werent any stock on hand.

Well while I was at it calling around I did ask about the lifesized props as my Friday stop into a party city yielded a bit of a heads up. They were raffling off for $1 a ticket a ghastly/gravely butler and The Count. I asked why not just sell them and the manager said theyve been in the back storeroom for years and no one bought em. Im thinking, mebbe cuz you had em hidden away, yeesh so then I ask how much was he selling before. $130! I was bummed about it cuz they were case fresh, as in just out of their boxes (manager said so) and looked awesome, but now that they are raffling them off they have them positioned at the front of the store for jerks to mess up :( I bought $5 worth of chances so Im crossing my fingers but not holding my breath.

I called all the party citys about any other props like these and a few yielded some results. One had, for $200 each, a sadie maid, dobson and chuckles. BUT, they were in poor poor condition, mostly chuckles, as he was missing fingers, and dobson looked the best but more on him in a sec. Sadie is what I went to buy but she was pretty dinged up, and the manager said he came down from $250 to $200 already with the damage in mind. Yeesh, hes not getting that price for those, though Im going to try em after Halloween in case they change their minds. Im a little mad at that store because when I called around the prices for these things were about $130-140, which is in my range. The Party city closest to me has all the cool props but they have them displayed in the back, with up to $500 on them, so I thin they are happy with them being just store displays. They have to my recollection Captain Flog'Em , Chuckles the clown, maybe Ol Deadeye and I thinkg Ghastly/Gravely the butler and maybe one other type I cant recall. Is each party city individually owned? Like do they set their own prices for things? I thought it was a corporate thing. I seemed to get different responses per each store.

One was stating they sell everything and dont carry merch from part to future, and others have old stuff for current prices and others have some good discounts (Bat Bar). I found another store with a dinged up Dobson for $130, so Im getting him tomorrow, or rather, hes for my mom, shes been wanting him badly.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts