Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While walking my dog tonight, I went by a couple neighbor's houses, and SCORE< they were throwing away 'old' mechanical reindeers from Christmas. Tomorrow is trash day, there they were. Got my screwdriver on my Leatherman's tool, and took those motors out in a flash. Then, around the corner another! Three motors in one 20 minute walk. Tested them at home, they all work, it was just the wire reindeer that being messed up. Also a whole box of lights, but I'm only doing LEDs from now on. Just thought I would say, you never know when a prop motor will be right in front of you. :eek:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Awesome score! I will be keeping an eye out in my neighborhoods trash now as well. Don't forget to post what you make with those freebie motors!

·
Registered
899 Posts
I didn't score those but theaters with large moving posters usually throw those out because people break them. I got 2 AWESOME motors from that space chimps movie poster and use them to raise and lower a tombstone lid and to move the hand on a previously static skeleton. SWEET!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts