Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Master of my own Universe
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got back from a sale of halloween items and scored big

First of all, I bought 2 sheets of 8ft x 4ft x 2 inch styrofoam, plus some pieces in various lengths and widths for $10 - quite a bargain I thought, but it gets better ... :D

Also bought - 2 5ft latex skeletons, 2 14" hanging latex bats, pair of talking skulls, 2 candelabras with flickering bulbs, 3 lengths of rusty chain, large sack of foam bones including 3 skulls, groundbreaker arms and legs, a sound activated bat/gargoyle, and a devil skull bust that needs an adapter - cost $30 (a couple of other bits thrown in free in need of repair.

Quite a haul for $40 - I will post pics in a day or two :cool:

The guy I bought from has a lot more props for sale - now I need to sell a kidney so I can buy a lot more ... any offers ? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,070 Posts
That is an awesome deal! Can't wait to see pics!

I just recently picked up a nice hanging zombie, battery operated strobe and some scene setters for $6, and I told the guy about this forum (he really seemed to enjoy talking about his setup - and I told him he'd find lots of folks here that love Halloween too). :)

Got for free (freecycle):
• 4 foot plaster urn (spraypainted black for funeral arrangement),
• puffer fish (mounted as a specimen with an aged label),
• antique brass/marble base lamp (need to locate a globe for the top, but very cool)
• several pieces of white plastic woven tarp (cut into strips or for canvas)

Garage sale finds:
• Large plastic light up pumpkin: $2
• a skeleton version of the billy bass talking fish - it's pretty funny: $2

I have been stalking Craigslist, Freecycle and garage sales for months, and not gotten too much stuff, but the stuff I have gotten was pretty sweet!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts