Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my hands on a free roll of reflective mylar today. It's 4'x40' so I have quite a bit of it. It's much thicker than mylar balloons or even tinfoil. Not sure about the exact weight but it's as rigid as card stock if that helps.
Other than fun house mirrors, any ideas?

·
Registered
876 Posts
Water, that is a great idea.
In Intellagirl's case I suspect the mylar is too thick to pull that off with, and have movement from a fan etc. She could probably add fixed wrinkles (waves) with a heat gun.
I have a roll of similar, mine was made as a sun reflector for indoor gardening, so it has too much silvering to be very useful as a two way mirror.
As mentioned I too have a roll so also interested in what ideas people come up with.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BobbyA: Mine was for the same purpose. I think the people who gave it to me intended to have an "indoor garden" too! *wink*

·
Registered
381 Posts
Funhouse Mirror (aka distortion mirror). Black frame with skeleton topper. I had one a couple of years ago. Younger folks had never seen one and loved it. Video features the best thrift store wig I could find under $1 - it seemed appropriate for the demo video. http://www.snydercentral.com/halloween/mirroraudio.wmv
Have you made one before? Scored a roll of 1mil 25'...any tips on how to make one would be appreciated!

·
Registered
397 Posts
Have you made one before? Scored a roll of 1mil 25'...any tips on how to make one would be appreciated!
I threw mine together at the last minute with a simple design. Luan plywood ($11), 1"x2" firing strips ($1/each) for a frame and legs. I put white LED light strips on front and sawed a Styrofoam Skull in half as a decoration. A very small wrinkle will have a dramatic effect on the whole mirror. The wrinkle/s are created when you mount the Mylar between the plywood and the frame. It should cost between $25 - $1,000,000 depending on how fancy you get. Hope that helps. Younger kids seemed to like it. I don't think they had seen one before. BTW - Thrift store wig is optional but highly recommended.

mirrorx.jpg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts