Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put together parts and pieces to create these 2 new candle sconces. Loving them but stumped on paint.
Cant figure out how to base coat theme/what the underlying color scheme should be. I know that I want the eyes open, spooky and the teeth will be wet, blood dipped. Just cant figure out what the rest should be. Suggestions??? :confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
What a great idea. Looks good the way it is but I'm wondering if a little blood drip on the candle tops may look good. Where did you get those platters? I'm assuming their plastic.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Garth - gunmetal is interesting. Thanks for the idea.

Gobby - thanks for the links. They could have kind of a HM feel, may have to go that way.

Cloe - yes plastic trays. They were 50 cents for the pair at a thrift store but I think I've seen similar at party stores.
DT door knockers of course and the candle supports are stair rail supports that a family member was throwing away. So the pair of sconces will be about $2.50 total! :)

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thought I'd update you. Decided to blend in the face and candle support to the tray finish for the most part.
Still have to finish eyes/brows/teeth with details etc and then they will get black w/ red PVC candles. Keeping them really dark and moody.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts