Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings!

I need your ideas and/or suggestions. I want my actor (playing the part of a Zombie girl playing with Zombie Baby Dolls) to be holding a large, shiny, silver pair of scissors. Is there a good prop or modification I could make to make this a less dangerous situation?

This is outdoors so there will be a LOT of space between her and the TOTers and she won't be chasing them with the scissors. I just don't want her to get hurt out there in the dark. The actor will be my 16 yo daughter. Thanks!!!!

It's all fun and games until you need a combat medic.......:rolleyes:

·
Registered
955 Posts
Chrome plastic sheet.

Go to a Auto Parts store. Or craft store and get some of the Chrome adhesive sheet. Make your scissors out of plexiglass and cover with the chrome sheet. If the scissors are going to look real they will still need to be pointed though. You could make the scissors out of cardboard to be really safe and still cover with the chrome sheet.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I think I would try cutting the two halves out of plywood, and painting them. Then you could drill a hole through both pieces, and bolt them together so they open, and close.

·
Registered
13 Posts
She's 16.....I hope she knows how to use scissors...LOL. I agree that safety is always a concern. If there is no possiblitly of interaction with the kids, I wouldn't worrk about it.
I did something similar one year and had my daughter (11) at the time sitting front of her doll house and she had a bunch of living dead dolls around her. It was pretty creepy. If your going with the zombie theme, why not make it look like she's eating them. Get her some cool teeth and bloddy up her mouth real good.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I don't think I would ever include anything that is really sharp in my haunt.

If you go the painting approach, their is plenty of spray paint to give it a metal finish. I use it spread amongst grey paint on some of my structures. Gives it an earie ghostly look at night.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts