Halloween Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So... I'm a big dummy. I've never made a haunt before and I volunteered to build a spook alley for the elementary school carnival. I think I'm in over my head and would love some help!

We don't have a place for the spook alley yet. It will either be in the hallway, or maybe on the stage or an empty classroom. I'm hoping I can get the stage or an empty room, because if it's in the hallway I'll have to have everything ready to go and mobile because we'll only have about 2 1/2 hours to set up after school gets out.

Because this is an elementary school, I want to keep it creepy, but not really scary. I really like these ideas because then I could have a "Science Spook Alley", which seems appropriate for the venue: http://www.arborsci.com/cool/haunted-laboratory-halloween-physics

So, do you think I can pull this off? Any good, cheap prop ideas I could use for the setting? I'm not really expecting much of a budget either, so maybe I really am in over my head!

·
Registered
277 Posts
A Pepper's Ghost illusion would be great for this.

Here's a link to a demonstration of the effect and how it works.

Edit: One other thing--since this is a school carnival, would it be possible to ask local businesses for donations of materials? Pepper's Ghost needs a big pane of glass or plexiglass--could you find a local glass company or hardware store willing to loan you one in exchange for their name on a poster or something?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts