Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 251 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Talia brought home a little homework project.

silly little story, but it pretty much boils down to a kind of chain letter idea. She made a self portrait we are supposed to mail around, the recipient is supposed to send a postcard back, and maybe a pic with the portrait 'doing something fun', then send it off to someone else, eventually it needs to be back here. The idea is to get this thing as far and wide as possible.

Family wise, we wouldn't be getting her project out of Utah, so I was wondering if there might be any volunteers willing to tackle this little project? There's some pretty diverse membership around here and we thought a little halloween tour far and wide. I'm also asking some folks I know from around the world, and we might ship it off to australia or somewhere, but casting a net and seeing who might be interested.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I would be happy to help you with this project. I am in Ohio. I will pm you my address. I love the idea of a Halloween tour. My son did a similar project with Flat Stanley, and we took him to Disney. We had so much fun staging pictures. Good luck and looking forward to hearing from you?

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When I get home tonight, I'll post up the entire letter, check the dates the thing needs to be back to us, and probably get this going somewhere Saturday, so we can get the ball rolling.

Talia will be thrilled. I'll check with the boss, but probably sign her up and let her talk to you guys directly too.

·
>^..^<
797 Posts
We would be willing to take her portrait up to Tarrytown/Sleepy Hollow if she's interested in a Headless Horseman statue or Washington Irving gravesite pic. Or any other site she might like in NYC or the surrounding areas - we love having an excuse to take a road trip. I'll send you our address - let us know if we fit logistically into the chain and we'd be happy to give a homework assist.

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Heh, forum wouldn't let her post pics.

So, here's a pic of Talia and flat Talia.

As she said, she want's to get flat Talia off to Hauntcon first (better way to describe a convention than a party to an 8 year old?), and was really amused there was such a thing going on in February. To let you know a little how excited she is, I've asked around on some other forums as well, and she's choosing to do the Halloween tour over a tour that would have sent this off to New Zealand, Australia, and the Philippines. She also wondered if costumes might be involved, so if you're hurting for an idea, a paper doll costume would make her day just as much as something fancy.

A little from the letter, looks like they want postcards mailed right to the school, but post pics here and we can go get them printed for her to take to school so they can mark up a map. And, we have clear till May (thought it was March), so should be able to make a decent number of stops and I might have time to hit one of the far flung locations later as well.

I'll drop it off at the post office later today so we make sure it's there in time.

Thank you all so much, my wife and mother in law are amazed by the response so far. Keep telling them this forum is the best group of people I know, they seem to be catching on.

1 - 20 of 251 Posts