Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some ideas from all the creative people on the forum! I have this idea for a scavenger hunt. About 10-15 items will be hidden around my city and each has to do with a witches brew theme. For ex.. I will hide "eye of newt", "wing of bat", etc etc... Just need some help coming up with clues to find them. I thought about doing an audio clue on a cd? any ideas for that? Also having people do word searches with hidden messages, cryptograms and so on. Any help on coming up with ways to make clues would be awesome!

·
Registered
74 Posts
i did a scavenger hunt for my husbands bday once when we were dating. it was much easier because i could "control" one persons where abouts. what i did with him was give him cards with clues where to find the next clue. i dont remember too much now since it was many moons ago, but i remember on one of the cards there was a picture of a star and a picture of some dollars. so he had to get to a specific starbucks and ask the barista a question. of course i had already spoken to the barista and was ready to tip him and all. he was very up for playing along and didnt accept my tip. anyhow...you could "witch" that up somehow and send them all somewhere. That would be kinda funny if they are all dressed up.

another year i did a scavenger for my bday dinner where all my guests had to complete a list and arrive to dinner by a certain time. on the list was anything from a rock to a picture (from their phone) of an address (for ex. halloween could be 1031 or 666). we also had them bring back a phone number of a stranger and when we got to the restaurant we called the person and had them sing happy bday to me in order to receive points. we had a blast with this one.

anyhow, i dont know how far off i am with what you are planning because i know there are several ways to do a scavenger hunt. for the first one i did use clues and i just used cue cards. there was a new cue card at each location. for the second one i just compiled a list and emailed it at a specific time.

just thought id share :)

·
Registered
670 Posts
Need some ideas from all the creative people on the forum! I have this idea for a scavenger hunt. About 10-15 items will be hidden around my city and each has to do with a witches brew theme. For ex.. I will hide "eye of newt", "wing of bat", etc etc... Just need some help coming up with clues to find them. I thought about doing an audio clue on a cd? any ideas for that? Also having people do word searches with hidden messages, cryptograms and so on. Any help on coming up with ways to make clues would be awesome!

I am planning one of these as well for my son's 7th birthday party.; Mine will be a bit easier since it's on our street but still I'm clueless about what I am going to hide- and the clues I'll write. CLUELESS! I really need to get this party planning going!!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I will say make your items very specific, or all the same if you can even, other wise you're going to have your guest tearing up all your displays thinking they are the objects in question.

We had a skeleton hand hunt last year, and I went so far as to give people a sample of exactly what kind of hand they were looking for all over the house and yard, and I still had people bringing me back all sorts of different bones from my big displays. LOL. (How they didn't get they were supposed to look for mini hands like the example, and brought me back jumbo things from the yard was totally beyond me!)

·
Registered
670 Posts
I will say make your items very specific, or all the same if you can even, other wise you're going to have your guest tearing up all your displays thinking they are the objects in question.

We had a skeleton hand hunt last year, and I went so far as to give people a sample of exactly what kind of hand they were looking for all over the house and yard, and I still had people bringing me back all sorts of different bones from my big displays. LOL. (How they didn't get they were supposed to look for mini hands like the example, and brought me back jumbo things from the yard was totally beyond me!)
LOL- funny.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts