Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have about 30-35 kids coming to the party- give or take a few. I am going to divide them up into teams of 3 or 4. The hunt will be on our street (cul-de-sac) of 17 homes. I will have12 “stations” set up and kids will be given clues that describe each station and what they need to do to find their items. Each team will be assigned a color and they will have to pick the item that corresponds with their color. I am going to use the same list of items but will scramble them up so that all the kids aren’t running to find the same things at the same times. Does this sound like a good plan? I have never written one of these before but have been reading online quite a bit. Do you see any potential problems or does this sound like it will work out ok? Thanks in advance for your advice!

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
It sounds like it will work out ok. I use to have very large scavenger hunts when we had big holiday parties at our diner & the whole community participated. We use to do them for St. Patrick's Day. I divided them into clans & each clan had a name & a bag to put their collectibles in. It was important for them not going in the same direction so I too scrambled things on their list.

I had prizes for everyone or so I thought. I could not believe how many locals wanted to participate so I ended up giving gift certificates from the diner. We had about 16 groups.

At the end after they collected everything they had to sit down at a table & were timed in putting together a big piece puzzle of the united states. The funniest ending was they all had to stand in a row & were timed for this last event. They had to chew 4 crackers & then whistle. It was hysterical, the town folk laughed like crazy.

I'm sure you will enjoy yourself, I know we had a really good time & so did the groups that participated. If you are having youngsters, having those stations with colored coded items is a very good idea.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Ive been looking for a scavenger hunt topic...
2 years ago we had a town party, 3 of us putting it on.... we had a total of 5 adults and about 45 kids.... we did a scavenger hunt and broke them all into teams... notified the ENTIRE town..(150 population) and everyone participated.

I moved away last year and the party didnt happen.. people were sad soooo....GUESS WHAT... I moved back and its halloween party time! Due to out of town games, we have to do ours on Thursday night this year.

I need some out of this world ideas for this hunt this year... HELP PLEASE???

1 - 3 of 3 Posts