Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
keeping with the bloody mary idea I was just brainstorming and thinking of any other scary urban legends ideas that may work in a haunt....of course as usual my mind runs blank so I turn to you the halloween posse for help.....please?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hook on the car door handle, umm the snuff films, um hitchhiker killer, gang members drive without headlights on and shoot people who flicker theirs to them, dead boyfriend stuff. Most of this has been turned into cheesy teen horror flicks, but I'm sure you can think of something.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that's just it, the mentioned urban legends are hard to turn into a scare at a haunt, how do I incorporate any of those.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I image scenes more than a haunt. Basically walking through the haunt watching scenes of urban legends. Like a scene of the girl screaming in her car looking at her boyfriend hanging from a tree above her; blood dripping.

Maybe a scene of a dirty looking hitchhiker entering the backseat of a car and then chainsaw and screaming noises, blood splatter on the window. Of course this involves vehicles and stuff, it would have to be a haunt down the street or something.

·
Mill Creek Haunted Hollow
6,359 Posts
Enter_address_here has some good ideas. If you have the space, setting up "Urban Legend" scenes would be great. If you don't have a lot of room, think of a wax museum style display, where you could put your energy into a statue of each urban legend character, like the hook man, the woman in white, bloody mary, the benders, monsters under the bed, ghouls, ogres, bone-knawing evil that lurks in the shadows on a windy night just waiting to drag off the one idiot who temps fate by shouting out into the darkness that he isn't afraid of anything!!!!

:eek:

but I digress...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Exactly a wax museum-eqsue thing. Or like live action scenes of it all occurring. Maybe find a lot of frined that what to act it all out like he said. A boy sitting on his bed scared of the dark, sounds going off, then scratching under the bed, he peaks under and someone pulls him in, screaming and roaring ensue. Thats one.

Maybe you can make a bathroom display with like a fake door with a window you can see through, the actor looking into the mirror, terrified and then he turns the lights off and slowly says 'bloodymary' 3 times to the mirror, then a lot of sounds and screaming, and somehow set it to where something falls over and blocks the view thorugh the window, and all they can do is listen to the chaos. Thats 2

Another is, (this may be kinda hard) make like your driveway a forest kinda, and then have the scene be a guy and girl hanging out in his car alone, a fake radio announcement plays talking about a loose maniac with a hook for a hand, the guy doesn't care, but the girl freaks out and insists they go home. They pull out of the driveway and when they turn aroun, the audience sees the hook on the door handle. THats 3

Now this would take time and dedication if you try this stuff, I would suggest making like a neighborhood thing and try to get actors from the college or highschool to participate.

·
Registered
25 Posts
A lot of these suggestions are great, but seem to require a lot of work and expense.

Scorpio, you didn't mention whether or not a budget is a consideration, or your technical skills. I guess I'd add a couple more simple ones like monsters under the bed or in the closet. Dolls that seem to come to life are always a great creep-out factor. I'm envisioning scenes right out of Poltergeist. Yeti, Big Foot, and aliens are also good urban legends that might work, but they're not really horrifying in and of themselves. It would take some real creativity to make those scenes scary.

Urban legends seems like a really tough home haunt theme though. They seem to be more doable in a professional haunt with actors. I'm thinking going with famous horror characters/scenes would be more easily doable. I guess it's also hard not knowing if you want several different urban legends for different scenes, or one as an overall theme for you haunt.

·
~zombie hunter~
3,346 Posts
Restless remaines found in an old storage trunk. Not sure if this has been mentiond but if you have an outside haunt , a car, a blucky and a rope you can do the man hanging in the tree above the car OR you could use a blucky "driving" with another blucky with an AX in the back seat.

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
Is it an inside or outside haunt..or both.
Here's just a few I've thought of "off the bat" that seem quite do-able...

Cannibal Hillbilly feast. (A la texas chainsaw/Hills have eyes).

Psycho type guy with his mother's head in a box or mothers corpse in the chair.

The family secret..guy keeps his deformed, deranged twin brother/sister in the basement/attic/locked room. (Could do a take on the MIB prop effect for this).

In England, there are many local legends of Ghostly black dogs with glowing eyes that are supposed to bring death or bad fortune to any that see them...And what about "the little people"..faeries and leprechauns and such. Are these classed as "urban legends"? It would be quite easy to do a horrific take on "The wee folk". This year I'm planning on a particularly nasty version of The Tooth Fairy to grace my garden.

Just a few suggestions, I'll post some more if I can think of any that may be practical to do from a time and cost perspective.

·
~zombie hunter~
3,346 Posts
Is it an inside or outside haunt..or both.
Here's just a few I've thought of "off the bat" that seem quite do-able...

Cannibal Hillbilly feast. (A la texas chainsaw/Hills have eyes).

Psycho type guy with his mother's head in a box or mothers corpse in the chair.

The family secret..guy keeps his deformed, deranged twin brother/sister in the basement/attic/locked room. (Could do a take on the MIB prop effect for this).

In England, there are many local legends of Ghostly black dogs with glowing eyes that are supposed to bring death or bad fortune to any that see them...And what about "the little people"..faeries and leprechauns and such. Are these classed as "urban legends"? It would be quite easy to do a horrific take on "The wee folk". This year I'm planning on a particularly nasty version of The Tooth Fairy to grace my garden.

Just a few suggestions, I'll post some more if I can think of any that may be practical to do from a time and cost perspective.
That's a good one with the black dogs. As a matter of fact in the origall Omen movie they have rotwierls. Very creepy.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts