Halloween Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this on eBay and I bought it two weeks ago. It arrived Saturday from china. I was initially a little disappointed that it was not in one piece. It's on a sheet of clear tacky contact paper. It's easy to assemble. Dirt cheap and it seems like it will be easy to pull back off the wall. The fact it's in parts makes it easier to scatter the branches around the room.

I'm very pleased with it and the price so I thought I'd share.

Attachments

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought 4 in total to cut and scatter between living-room and dining room. I have some other ideas about the branches now. Since I am Incorporating the game, "which witch is which", I got the idea of hanging some of the props off the 'branches' around the room. For instance, I think the bloody ballerina slippers and mice and the Blair witch necklace might look great.

I also have an egg problem. Not an ordinary egg problem but a Fitcher's bird egg problem. I've been reading Grimm fairy tales all year for this party. I got this idea to sneak a poem clue in the dinner program that pertains to that fairy tale. - if they read between the lines and have been reading my monthly emails that recap some of the unpopular fairy tale story's ... Then they would know to look for eggs. Ofcourse, my eggs will be black since the living room will be the once upon a nightmare ... But I was thinking about somehow hanging black Easter eggs off the branches too. What do you think?

Attachments

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What's the total dimensions??? That price is incredible!!! I may have to buy a set too :)
90cm x 60 cm or 36" wide, 24" in height. That's why i bought 4 to break up and spread around the room

Here is the auction :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stunning-Tree-Branch-Removable-Wall-Art-Sticker-Vinyl-Decal-Mural-Home-Decor-FF-/360690359228?

Here is where i originally found it - Its bigger but its also the type you use wallpaper paste to adhere to the walls .... Its also pricey ...

http://www.innovativestencils.com/large-wall-tree-nursery-decal-oak-branches-1130/

·
Registered
302 Posts
I think I finally came up with my Scary Tales costume this year. After telling myself there will be other Cinderella's, I am still going with the costume. But my Cinderella doesn't make it home before midnight. Her dress will be torn, ragged and messy. Her blond wig will be in disarray. Pumpkin guts and seeds, along with pieces of pumpkin attached and she will be carrying mice. Any other ideas are welcomed.
I have a picture from this website that I will try to copy. Wish I could share but I still can't get gif or jpegs to post to this site.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think I have come across that before. I do love it. Thank you for sharing !
I sent you my files

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here's the nightmare sign. Also, I painted my first window silhouette, it needs some touching up before it gets hung in the window. I want to get a green bulb to illuminate it. I'll try and post pictures after it's done.

Attachments

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was trying to capture the moment of - you're just passing by the window and look at the scene and the cat to give off an impression of, you weren't supposed to be looking.
Now the witch should turn you into mice :)
I am having so much fun with this theme.

If anything you see has inspired you enough to take on this them next year, message me after Halloween for surely some things I'm using now - will be posted on my "project leftover" thread here.

Next year's theme? Deathly Hallows.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
6 Participants
Nyghthawke
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing