Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought my Halloween plans were going to be cancelled due to family issues, but now it turns out they aren't, and I have to get a costume together. I always decorate, but I haven't had an excuse to wear a costume in 4 years! My husband is not really into Halloween, but the party we are going to requires scary costumes. Can you give us some help?

Me:
I'm easier. I've already bought the Sightless appliance, but I'm not sure what I should wear with it. I'm a size 18/20.

Husband:
Wears a 42x30 in jeans, so is a pretty big guy. He tells me he has no preference between make up and a mask, but my gut tells me he'd be happier with makeup/prosthetics. I don't really have a preference between having him be whatever creature/person would cause the effect of the sightless appliance on me, or just being some random scary something.

Thanks everyone! :D

·
Registered
34,922 Posts
Check your local thrift stores for some hideous looking bridesmaid dress or a wedding dress. Dress Hubby up in bloodied jeans and bloodied and distressed flannel shirt, give him something like a gardening claw and have him lead you around by your hair.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Check your local thrift stores for some hideous looking bridesmaid dress or a wedding dress. Dress Hubby up in bloodied jeans and bloodied and distressed flannel shirt, give him something like a gardening claw and have him lead you around by your hair.
Hey, that's not a bad idea! Thanks

·
likes candy & razorblades
1,085 Posts
you could dress similar with the flannel and jeans maybe a winter hat, and be creepy lumberjacks/rednecks.

or find him a cheap suit and you wear a prom dress and bloody it up as if you were both in a fiery crash on the way to the prom. he could have fuzzy dice around his neck, and you could both have prom king and queen crowns...

·
Imperial Hybrid (7)
706 Posts
I . too, am doing the sightless appliance.

Black shroud ( actually black witches dress. that I made several years ago) with Black
grim reaper hood ( piece of costume several years ago.) I am a full figured person. LOL.
size 18. My costume description:

The eyeless. They come in the night to steal the souls of the blessed.
Raven black and screeching as they come, never seeing, always knowing. Their victmims alone can see and hear them. they come to do the bidding fo their masters. Defiance is futile, and dreams are trivial.they Eyeless care not for the whims and oaths of mortals.
Author unknown and cannot be sited at this time, but the words were my inspiration.

Husband - well..... LOL ! and bless his cold black heart...
Is insisting on wearing some bib overalls AGAIN.
says they are comfortable....
and wants to go this year as Uncle Reamus
when I have perfectly good sightless appliances and reaper gowns with hoods to do him too.
arrrrrrgh......
Good luck with the sightless appliances. This will be my first time using appliances, so I am planning to do a test run of them this week. .....If you do a test run, I would be interested in you posting a pic. I will do the same.
Good luck with costuming.....please feel free to use the THE EYELESS description...
I did. LOL !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts